Homework at KES

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Natalie74

Homework at KES

Post by Natalie74 »

Hi I'm O, son of Natalie. We love reading through these posts so I thought I'd start one off. I was wondering if any of your DS's already attend KES and if so, how many hours a night/week homework do they get? Thank you.
Daffodil3969

Re: Homework at KES

Post by Daffodil3969 »

My son isn't at that school but I have friends with sons and daughters at other schools and they are doing about an hour a night. Does that help O?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

There are some responses in this thread that might be useful. Even though it's primarily about Grammar schools, there are some relevant posts.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=34972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH!
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Ahh he'll be chuffed someone's replied, thank you. Oh gosh, an hour a night???? Give me strength!! LOL
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Natalie74 wrote:Ahh he'll be chuffed someone's replied, thank you. Oh gosh, an hour a night???? Give me strength!! LOL
DS1 is in year 9 at KES and does far more than an hour a night!
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

My daughter is in Year 6 of a state primary school and is currently getting 1 hour of homework every night. Her teacher says that it will help to prepare them for secondary school, but really it is to improve the school's SAT's results. They are being given several past test papers every week including additional grammar activities. Overload!!! :shock:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Hello O

DS2 is in Shells (Year 7): he gets roughly 20-30 minutes for the subjects he is timetabled to get homework for - that is 2/3 subjects per night. The English work is usually set over the weekend as it takes longer. That means between an hour to one and half hours per night. He sometimes takes longer if he is interested in getting extra credit.

DS1 is at a grammar school and I think he was getting something similar last year, so I am afraid you will need to face nightly homework wherever you go :D .

I think they both started the year with homework taking a lot longer than we were told it would but that was mainly due to their dithering around between things and wasting time.

Hope you get a place at your top choice . You sound like someone who will do well wherever you go.

Good luck!
UmSusu
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Hi it's O again. Thank you for your replies, at least now I'm prepared for all the homework. I used to mess about putting my homework off, but at the end of the day it needs to be done and messing about before doing it just makes it take longer and then or seems like a chore. This year I've decided to just get on with it and it's so much better doing it that way. Makes mom happier and then I get to go out and play faster too 
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now