Thank you SO SO SO much. ***
Thegodfather

Re: Assisted place phone call.

Post by Thegodfather »

GOOD LUCK!!!! :D
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Good luck!!! Fingers crossed for your son. Do let us know how it went :)
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Thank you I will. Think I'm stressing about it more than him. Trying to ask him a few questions to prepare him, don't want his answers to come out polished though like he's been prepped for the interview. Apparently while DS has his interview, I have to go with someone else to talk about finances. Eek!
Bubbles44

Post by Bubbles44 »

You will be fine Natalie74!!! :D My fingers are crossed for your son. He has done incredibly well to be called for interview.
Scooby73

Post by Scooby73 »

I'm so glad that I found this forum and thread...you sound as anxious as I am! My son's done well enough to get an interview at KES on Tuesday and I wasn't sure what he should wear to attend. I'll go for the school uniform option to be safe. I think his dad and I are more nervous than he is and I'm trying not to prep him too much or make him nervous. I'm not sure what to expect when I have to see someone from Accounts either. Good luck to your son Natalie74 and perhaps they'll both get in and we'll meet one day and look back at this moment and laugh at our nerves!
um

Post by um »

Very best wishes to all those attending KES interviews next week.

It is important not to make this into a stressful experience for the child; the staff will do their best to put your son at ease. I would only say that they should feel comfortable with 'being themselves', not trying to be anyone else. The staff will want to have a conversation, rather than a formal interview, with your child.

Please don't worry about buying suits as I am pretty certain that the wearing of a fancy and possibly uncomfortable new suit will have no bearing whatsoever on the decisions that are made by KES.
A special call-out to those from the state sector (sorry, Indie kids) who won't have a 'dress' uniform to wear or have had any 'interview prep'. Please don't feel overwhelmed if you r child is in their airtex shirt and pullover and you see someone in a woollen blazer and cap - feel confident and proud for your son.

The accounts staff will, as far as I can see, want to make clear to you, if you applied for an AP, what the offer would be and will probably try to gauge whether you'd be genuinely interested in it. They're also there to answer any questions that you have.
dua

Post by dua »

Thank you Umsusu for your reply...you are right uniform on Saturday will look odd!
Very useful tips from everybody on this forum. Thank you!!
Very best wishes to all those going for the interview!!
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

As my DS's interview will be Thursday we've decided to go with the uniform option.

Scooby73 that would be great if our boys both got in. Are you from Birmingham too? I know some families travel quite far to KES.

When I go to see the lady from the finance department about the AP, can they offer less money? Really no idea how it all works. Know I should wait and find out but you guys are so friendly and helpful. Also would I have to pay a registration fee to the school?

Thank you for all of your lovely comments ***
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Ah bless you Natalie, I really hope he gets a place, you are obviously working hard to give him the best chance and good on you! I for one will be keeping my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer for your DS :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now