Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
smiley27

KEHS Interviews

Post by smiley27 »

Hi

New to all this but,
Has anyone's dd been called for interview following the KEHS Exam last week?
Are AP candidates called for interview before 14th Feb or told in their notification letter due to be received 14th/15th Feb?

Thanks
um

Re: KEHS Interviews

Post by um »

I know of two girls who have been called to interview early next week.

Unlike the KES process, they received a letter in the post inviting them to an interview - the time and date was stated in the letter.

HTH
smiley27

Post by smiley27 »

Thanks for replying Um.
Doesn't look good for my girl as we haven't received an invite to interview and need an AP.
Disappointed.
smiley27

Post by smiley27 »

Um
As at matter of interest, do know if the 2 girls you know of invited to interviews attended state primarys or private prep schools?

Thanks
um

Post by um »

Both attend state primary schools.
champagnemoet

Post by champagnemoet »

Hi smiley 27.Have not looked on this site for a while. I was I the same situation last year when my daughter sat the exam over 2 days end of Jan and first day of Feb.I didn't know whether we would get a letter or a phone call or would be invited for interview. We were also told that you know you have a place if the letter you receive is a thick envelope full of info about the school and a welcome pack and that if its just a thin letter its "sorry your daughter does not have a place".
We got the letter on a Saturday morning 15th Feb, it was a thin letter and inside was a letter for my daughter saying that KEHS are very pleased to offer her a place,and a letter for me stating that she has a full assisted place.There was no interview and no phone call.Good luck to you and your daughter ,not long to wait, would like to know how you get on
smiley27

Post by smiley27 »

champagnemoet

Thank you, thank you for giving me a glimmer of hope over the next few waiting days. I have been so worried they may have over looked her. She is a very bright girl, already level 6 in maths, reading and writing and has won a full scholarship to Wton Grammar school (which she probably won't take because it is too far to travel). KEHS is her first choice.
Even if our hopes are dashed on Saturday, with the arrival of the KEHS letter, at least these last few days will be more bearable.
I'm a little confused though, as you state previous postings on this site said the letter you would receive, if it was a positive outcome, would be a thick envelope but your daughter's AP offer came in a thin envelope?

Thanks
champagnemoet

Post by champagnemoet »

Hi smiley27 I am glad that I have helped relieve some of your anxiety :D Yes like I say I was in your place last year.Daughter had sat and got high score for fiveways but of course we would not hear about definite place until 1st March.We had been to open days at KEHS and my daughter loved it nothing could change her mind that's where she wanted to be.On this website there were lots of posts about receiving a fat envelope meant an offer because there would be details enclosed about start dates,trips etc and a think envelope meant your daughter did not have an offer because the enclosed single letter was saying "No sorry your child was not successful". I just wanted to say smiley27 that may have been the case previously or more likely just hear say,because we got a thin envelope with one welcome letter to my daughter and another for me just outlining start dates etc. There was also no interview.I wish you look its a great school and im sure they will realise your childs potential and snap her up :D
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Hi smiley27 congrats on your daughters WolvGS place. I'm just wondering why you sat the exam if it's too far to travel?
smiley27

Post by smiley27 »

champagnemoet

Thanks for explaining, and for your kind comments. Glad your daughter is enjoying it so much there. My daughter felt the same way as yours after looking round KEHS, it really enthused her, so much so she decided to make a PowerPoint presentation about it! Keeping my fingers and everything else crossed for positive outcome. Will let you know either way.
Also Good Luck to everyone else anxious for a place there
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now