Allocations Thread 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

reeyah

Re: Allocations Thread 2014

Post by reeyah »

Hi everyone, I'm an oldie from the last few years.

Congrats to everyone who made it, and for the ones who didn't, this day will pass and you won't even care in a few days! Well done to all of your children.

I'm flabbergasted at the hike in scores?! Is this year's cohort particulary bright or is it because of PP places?!
shakey

Post by shakey »

reeyah wrote:Hi everyone, I'm an oldie from the last few years.

Congrats to everyone who made it, and for the ones who didn't, this day will pass and you won't even care in a few days! Well done to all of your children.

I'm flabbergasted at the hike in scores?! Is this year's cohort particulary bright or is it because of PP places?!
try the 2015 thread :wink:
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Scores went up because of a fall in places for non pp children and 800 extra sitters. Scores are standardised around the average so you cannot compare this cohort with other years. For example a raw score of 70% this year could translate into a score of 230 whilst last year 72% could have translated into 228. Higher raw mark, lower score. Each year is different so please do not compare across years. Supply and demand dictates score. For example Chb needs a higher score than kefw because they have a lot less places to offer. If a school had 10 places the cut off would be around 260 plus!!
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

shakey wrote:
reeyah wrote:Hi everyone, I'm an oldie from the last few years.

try the 2015 thread :wink:

I knew that :oops: :oops: :oops:
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

rabbie burns wrote:Scores went up because of a fall in places for non pp children and 800 extra sitters. Scores are standardised around the average so you cannot compare this cohort with other years. For example a raw score of 70% this year could translate into a score of 230 whilst last year 72% could have translated into 228. Higher raw mark, lower score. Each year is different so please do not compare across years. Supply and demand dictates score. For example Chb needs a higher score than kefw because they have a lot less places to offer. If a school had 10 places the cut off would be around 260 plus!!

I never quite understand the way it all works! I even managed to post on the 2014 thread, so scoring system is wayyy beyond me :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now