Solihull School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bonjovikitten

Solihull School

Post by bonjovikitten »

Hello
A few weeks a go my daughter was offered a full fee place at Solihull School. We are thrilled that she passed the entrance exam as she has had no tutoring and currently attends a state school.

At the time we also applied for a bursary place, the forms needed to be sent in before the exam this year. We assumed the assisted scheme had been allocated and done and dusted. Yesterday we had a phone call to say that the bursary team would like to do a home visit this Friday and advised what paperwork that they needed.

We have our hopes up now as if we get fair assistance we will be able to send her. What is a home visit like?

Thanks in advance
(name removed)
um

Re: Solihull School

Post by um »

To be honest I have known children to attend interviews at Solihull but have not heard of home visits. Maybe it's something new?
Sounds quite daunting (as I would have to tidy up and that's pretty daunting :lol: ).
I do hope the visit goes well....
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

It's a first for this area but some schools in other areas have always done this, maybe if the thread is moved to the indie forum it will be get some informed responses?

(But I sort of have the impression that they want to make sure you live where you say you do, don't have an Olympic-size indoor swimming pool and they probably also think the somewhat intrusive nature of bursary interviews is best done on your own territory.)

Good luck!
bonjovikitten

Post by bonjovikitten »

Thanks for the replies.

Well the bursary man came and went last Friday. He was from an independent company and he reports back to the school. We had an informal chat about us as a family, where we work, why we want to send (name removed) to private school and if we have looked at other schools (we have). He then clarified our finances, so now just a waiting game although it is the schools new pupil meeting tmrw evening! :?

(Name removed)
bonjovikitten

Post by bonjovikitten »

Still waiting to hear about the bursary.... We even went to the open evening last night, hoping no news is good news!
Bjkitten x