OldTrout

BIRMINGHAM LEA now has offer info on-line

Post by OldTrout »

This will only work for those of you who applied on line

but

if you go to https://eadmissions.birmingham.gov.uk/prefs.php and log in

You'll see you're details and at the bottom your child's name & Date of Birth

Next to your child's name is a button saying VIEW OFFER

This leads you to a page which shows your selections in rank order and under each you'll have information such as:

Offered
Not Offered
Higher Selection Allocated

It's been a long wait folks - but we're there! I sincerely hope it is good news for everyone.

For those of you following the tales of my little fish - she didn't score high enough for KECHG/ KEFW (she scored 213) but has been offered her first choice local secondary comprehensive - < 5 minutes walk away. We're absolutely thrilled with the outcome!

I hope it all turns out well for you!
reeyah

Re: BIRMINGHAM LEA now has offer info on-line

Post by reeyah »

So happy and relieved for you Oldtrout :) . Your posts have always been so interesting, and so thoughtful! I am sure your little fish will be very happy at the new school :)
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Really happy that you're thrilled old Trout must be a relief to know. On the b'ham page for me it just lists my sons preferences doesn't say which one has been offered.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

OT am delighted that you have the news that you were hoping for - am sure lots on the B'ham forum have been very grateful for your support over the last few months. best wishes to little fish!
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

Natalie74 wrote:Really happy that you're thrilled old Trout must be a relief to know. On the b'ham page for me it just lists my sons preferences doesn't say which one has been offered.

I think Natalie that may have something to do with the fact hat you have already accepted a KES place..somehow they know if you have been given a place at KES . I had a friend who's ds last year was given a place at KES and KEA last year, with her being undecided she decided to accept both places so that she could have longer to deliberate .. She got a phone call the next day saying she has accepted both places and could she please choose between the two. Hope this helps ..
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Having an offer at an indie shouldn't affect the offer of a place at a state school today
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

hermanmunster wrote:Having an offer at an indie shouldn't affect the offer of a place at a state school today

Thankyou for that clarification Hermanmunster.. Do they have a way of knowing after the offer date that you have accepted both KES and Bham Grammar?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

In the case of someone who has already firmly accepted a place at an indie before allocation day, I would be quite surprised if they still offer an LEA place. Surely it would be really unfair of the LEA to use a place like that knowing it wouldn't be accepted and they are so oversubscribed. Indie offers are normally not accepted until after allocation day so normally it wouldn't affect things.

I know a few people who accepted KES before getting expected CHB places but never asked if their places were still offered. It would be interesting to know.

Edited for typos!
Last edited by moseleymum on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
z-g

Post by z-g »

My DS1 scored 213, was not offered first choice at KEA but was offered second choice HGS, still happy but KEA is so close to us, oh well, hope this helps and good luck to all!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

moseleymum wrote:In the case of someone who has already firmly accepted a place at an indie before allocation day, I would be quite surprised if they still offer an LEA place. Surely it would be really unfair of the LEA to use a place like that knowing it wouldn't be accepted and they are so oversubscribed. Indie offers are normally not accepted until after allocation day so normally it wouldn't affect things.

I know a few people who accepted KES before getting expected CHB places but never asked if Hegel would still be offered. It would be interesting to know.

I am not sure that the independent schools can communicate that to the LEA?? B'ham may be different with the foundation office though. :wink: and I suppose if people have actually accepted an offer it might be different, most people don't until after March 3rd