Thoughts on BV and general travel issues.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
WindowGlass

Re: Thoughts on BV and general travel issues.

Post by WindowGlass »

Hi Happy dad

"My ds attends KEFW and travels from Wolverhampton area..."

Have been looking and not yet found a generic "transport" thread, so I'm going to start one soon unless one arrives or is revealed to me beforehand.

With Green Bus, couldn't you withdraw your subs and take the fast Virgin train Brum, and then the #22 bus towards Kitwell - actually no, I just checked that, and it takes nearly 1:30

How about the metro to West Bromwich, then the 48 either all the to Bartley Green, or jump off at Harborne for the #22? Although the 22 goes by other local schools - potential conflicts!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

I have researched WindowGlass but there really isn't anything that makes a significant reduction in time.

Very envious of Reeyah and anyone else who has children at same school. We now have ds1 at FiveWays in Bartley Green and ds2 at Adams in Newport. Logistical nightmare. But wouldn't change it as ds1 loves his school and Adams is perfectly suited for ds2.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

though it was a great post, don't think it rated being posted twice :roll:
SPK10

Post by SPK10 »

WhoDaresWins wrote:Hi all,

Although, I've not had official confirmation yet. Based on cut-off scores and other offer details posted on here it would appear our ds2 has secured a place at BV, which is our 2nd choice to QMGS (QMGS - was first option because its 5 minutes away; ds1 is already there and thus far its prooving an excellent school).

My questions are:

Does anyone else's dc do a journey from Walsall to BV; how is it and how long do they take on average?

How do other dc and dp find BV?

Is there much difference academically / pastoral care wise between BV and QM?

Thanks in advance and best of luck to those waiting for results.
My DS will be making the journey in the other direction, from sutton to QMGS, from station the journey to school will take approx 45 mins (excluding the time taken to drive to station and walk from Walsall station to school). I understand the boys do not need to arrive until 9am and school finishes at 4pm. Is that correct?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now