Like Father not like Son

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AK loving Dad

Like Father not like Son

Post by AK loving Dad »

I have just returned from the ignominy :oops: of getting a "marginal fail" in a work related exam.

I had not sat an exam in many a year and found the whole thing quite stressful. I know Im not a spring chicken but I was still hoping the grey matter could take it...

This shows me that all DC who sat the Grammar or Independent exams deserve credit and praise.

At least I can do a re-sit (which they can't), but still respect to all of the DCs!!!

Take Care
AK.
atom8

Re: Like Father not like Son

Post by atom8 »

Shame on you AK - must try harder!

Totally agree though. Upmost respect to all DC's. My lad has done the 11+, several entrance exams and a couple of music scholarship auditions. Taking them all in his stride at the tender age of 10.

Whereas I, on the other hand, still struggle to remember my own mobile phone number and kids birthdates!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

I was speaking to an acquaintance this week who was telling me he was anxiously awaiting results of the Solihull School Entrance exam for which his daughter had been tutored for a year - the 7 plus :shock:
AK loving Dad

Post by AK loving Dad »

Happy dad wrote:I was speaking to an acquaintance this week who was telling me he was anxiously awaiting results of the Solihull School Entrance exam for which his daughter had been tutored for a year - the 7 plus :shock:

HappyDad - this made me chuckle :lol: