Adams Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mummmy

Adams Grammar

Post by mummmy »

Hi
Would any parent be kind enough to share their experience/thoughts about year 7/8 curriculum,teaching pastoral care etc. My DS has passed and would really appreciate any information.
Thanks in advance
Professor Yaffle

Re: Adams Grammar

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Hi I'm not really sure what kind of information you're looking for but I'd be happy to answer any questions :)
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Professor, are we likely to get an invite to any information type evening ahead of induction days on 26/27 June?
Professor Yaffle

Hi Happy dad,

You should receive a big bumper information pack around end of April/beginning May, if you haven't had it already. In the past the head has spoken to parents on the morning of the first induction day (from memory it lasted about an hour) and we were also given a parent's handbook and the boys also received a student version.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, either on here or via pm if you prefer.

HTH
mummmy

Post by mummmy »

Hi Professor Yaffle
Just wanted to know about overall experience of yours as a parent! Is there good communication between school and parents. One of my friends told me she gets email from school everyday about the daily lesson etc. Do we have to make any monthly contribution to school fund? What is the speciality area of this school? Maths, Science or Language?
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

hi mummmy,
When I went on their website there is a link about fundraising and there's a raffle you can enter each month and also a link to shops like Amazon where the school gets commission when you spend money there.
Professor Yaffle

Hi mummmy

My DS loves it there and as a parent I have nothing but praise. Excellent communication. Voluntary contribution to the school fund paid quarterly. I'm not sure about a speciality. Boys learn 3 languages from year 7, individual sciences. There is a strong academic ethos but the school caters very much for the 'whole person', there an extensive range of extra curricular activities and house competitions in just about anything you can think of, most definitely something for everyone.

HTH
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

The headmaster is resigning. Will be interesting to see who new one is.
Twinsmummy2003

Post by Twinsmummy2003 »

First post from me, I believe the new head will be Mr Hickey, current deputy head. No idea why Mr Barratt is leaving though.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now