Current Status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
needtoknow

Re: Current Status

Post by needtoknow »

Hi izzywizzy that is fantastic news, thanks for letting me know, congratulations to your son, hopefully I hear from qm next week, have a good Easter x
IzzyWizzy74

Post by IzzyWizzy74 »

Hi needtoknow,
Really hope the LEA are quick to offer the place to you and that easter doesn't slow things down, please let me know when you have the good news,
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Congratulations, great to see the waiting list bringing some joy.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Well done IzzyWizzy74 - hope your DS enjoys BV.

Elbart
FairyDust13

Post by FairyDust13 »

Congratulations Zainab and Izzywizzy!!

Good luck 'needtoknow' for the coming week!! Hopefully some good news!!
KinderSurprise

Post by KinderSurprise »

Hello everyone, I've often visited these boards to seek information but never posted...until now. I have had some wonderful news regarding my DD who has been offered a place at Sutton Grammar School for Girls. We received the letter from Birmingham City Council yesterday and were over the moon.

However, the letter states that we need to return the acceptance slip to the school by Monday . This seems rather odd as today and Monday are both bank holidays. In fact, the school is going to be closed for another week due to the Easter break. I have to be honest, my initial instinct was to think the whole thing was a mistake and the offer is a glitch or something. Surely Birmingham Council couldn't make such an error with the date being a bank holiday. Perhaps that is just a sense of disbelief at my daughter getting the place. So I have two questions for anyone out there who can help...

1) Has anyone else received an acceptance with the return date by the 21st April?
2) Do I need to worry that my DD will lose the offer if I return the acceptance slip after this date?

Many thanks in advance (and sorry I'm posting this in two threads as I don't know which was best?)
um

Post by um »

If you have a letter with your daughter's name on and your home address on, offering her a place (and presumably you were aware that she was quite high on the waiting list) then I would reckon it is certainly time for a celebration.

The date of Monday 21 April is clearly an error. Out of interest, what is the postmark on your envelope?

I would send an email to the school accepting the place and letting them know that this acceptance has been posted first class Saturday.

I cannot possibly imagine them offering her place out to another child on Monday if they haven't got your letter - so would relax and assume it is safe.
KinderSurprise

Post by KinderSurprise »

Thank you for the response Um. Surprisingly I didn't think it was that high. Her place did come down after the first wave of acceptance letters came in, in mid-March, but after phoning regularly, I stopped a couple of weeks ago at 11th, thinking that was as good as it was going to get. This really has come as a bolt out of the blue and there must be at least 10 other DP out there (perhaps more) experiencing the same joy we are this week.

As for the envelope, I'm afraid I've binned it, but the letter is dated Monday of this week. Good advice regarding the email. Thank you.
pragka

Post by pragka »

My ds is 4th on the waiting list for CHB. I would like to know whether welcome evening and induction is already finished!!?? Between anyone is planning to refuse the waiting list offer for CHB??
um

Post by um »

The induction day is held nationally in July so it hasn't been missed.
Best wishes for your son!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now