Summer mocks Tudor house

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Happy dad

Re: Summer mocks Tudor house

Post by Happy dad »

um wrote:I don't have direct experience of this company's mocks as none of my children attended them.
However I saw them online and also thought they were very expensive, considering they did not include feedback, and I am not sure if there is any point in simply testing a child without providing clear feedback, if your aim is for them to improve.

I would also say genuinely to all parents, that you should be careful not to be coerced into paying large sums of money upfront for tuition.
I know of a few parents who got into this situation and were left out of pocket and unable to change tutor if they wanted to. If the tutor is dedicated and committed to your child, they will not need to ask for payment upfront for months in advance.
Not sure what it says online but I can say we obtained feedback from the tutor after every mock, and indeed after every session.

It would be wonderful not have to pay anything upfront however if demand is high, as it is, then the upfront payment secures a place and at a discount. To misquote Adam Smith, it is not from the benevolence of the tutor that we received our tuition.
succeed

Post by succeed »

Not sure I agree with the necessity of a mock exam at all - my own son didn't have one and still got offered a place CHB. I genuinely think these tests are more about allaying parent's anxieties( or encouraging them to pay for more of the same tuition!) than have any real benefit for the child. However, as far as these mocks go, and let's face it, there is a market for them, Tudor House does appear to provide good templates for the actual exam from what I have seen recently, in terms of the difficulty level . They are very expensive though - which is why I decided against these or indeed, any mock papers.
gideon

Summer mocks Tudor house

Post by gideon »

I cannot believe anyone would seriously pay £150 for 1 mock or a child needs to do 15 mocks. Mocks can be purchased for a few pounds from many organisations including CGP with answers. I thought the going rate for a hall based single mock was c£50.

I cannot help thinking the prices are not serious and they are full as their own students do them for a lower cost.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sutton Mocks charge £25 and sell out in days. Adhdad, what does your tutor include for £50?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now