Support for year 8

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mumsy81

Support for year 8

Post by Mumsy81 »

Hi
Dd has just finished first year at grammar and will be entering year 8 are there any books I should go through her with at home to support her if so any recommendations would be great.
moseleymum

Re: Support for year 8

Post by moseleymum »

It's probably better to post in a different part of the forum if there are any specific queries about areas your DD is struggling with. There's a post 11+ part of the forum, which I've found useful for Year 7 queries here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My own DD has just finished Year 7 at a Grammar, haven't even bothered to look into books for Year 8 :oops: but then again I didn't bother with oldest DS either (about to start Year 10 and I've done zero at home to support him since starting secondary). Starting to feel guilty now, maybe I should do more!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If there were no specific recommendations in her end of year report -'Ermintrude has found topic x difficult this term and has been told to look at it on MyMaths / school intranet etc before September' or the like - I really wouldn't worry. As for books, the CGP KS3 guides are quite useful as a general overview, we have found.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Agree with Toadmum - unless something has been highlighted in her school report or the form tutor has contacted you I'd let her have a study-free holiday and a good rest, but also do lots of other activities like days out, going to museums, trying a new sport, new cookery recipes etc etc. They work hard at grammar - let her have a lovely summer!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now