Panic! Holidays lull!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
walsallmum

Panic! Holidays lull!

Post by walsallmum »

Hi im stressing as Dd is neither me nor dd seems to get motivated in prep for 6th september. the build up to the walsall exams was good and we both remained focussed but now its just hard to get back into it :(
Doodlemum

Re: PANIC! HOLIDAYS LULL!

Post by Doodlemum »

We are having the same problems, but we didn't even do Walsall. I think after a nice relaxing summer term at school it is now impossible to get going again and what she has done has been terrible as her attitude is just get it done as quickly as possible and get outside!! I'm now having a panic!!!
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

We are rather inconsistent. One good day and a couple of not so good days.,
Playing in the sun isn't really helping, unlike what I had hoped! Dd gets too hot and exhausted and so do I. On top of that, sleep overs and days out here and there.

But I suppose they need all these to reenergise and refocus. So, am trying my best to go with the flow.

Every time I log in to the forum, I keep hoping that someone will come along and reassure me and say that there is still plenty of time ( 5weeks) and one can make plenty of progress in 39 days left..... For various reasons, I have been unable to sit with dd and check progress, fill gaps etc until 10 days ago. Now that I am doing it, I get taken over by guilt that I haven't done my bit.....
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Bliney, when do warwks schools break up? Mine only finished yesterday!

Btw, You will be fine, 5 weeks is ages, playing in the sun is doing her the world of good, far better than staring at books. Try to just do 20 mins with her straight after brekkie, while it is still cool, before she has escaped into the garden.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

southbucks3 wrote:Bliney, when do warwks schools break up? Mine only finished yesterday!

Btw, You will be fine, 5 weeks is ages, playing in the sun is doing her the world of good, far better than staring at books. Try to just do 20 mins with her straight after brekkie, while it is still cool, before she has escaped into the garden.
Some kids have already been off for two weeks, others broke up last Friday I.e just under a week ago. Didn't realise there was such a difference!
dingding

Re: Panic! Holidays lull!

Post by dingding »

We live in London, ds's school only broke up yesterday.
My niece who attends a school in Stockport, doesn't break up till tomorrow!!!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I wonder if it is a way of spreading out holiday traffic, or even extending the holiday season with a view to lower prices start and finish of break?

Thinking about it the Warwickshire test is 6th Sept?...ours would not have returned by then, their test is 13th, so they will have been back a few days.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Most schools in Warks go back on Tues 2nd Sept - I assume Brum is the same ...

JD
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Ds1 returns to KEFW on Thursday 28 August but ds2 doesn't start at Adams until Wednesday 3 September. However ds1 does have a two week half term holiday to look forward to in October.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Ooh..going back in August seems harsh! KES returns on Weds 3rd Sept and has a two week half termin October to look forward to!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now