Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moseleymum

Re: Walsall consortium results

Post by moseleymum »

UmSusu wrote:
moseleymum wrote:Results are in!

DS2 got a good score, despite being too scared to go into the exam due to nerves :( , but we are awaiting Birmingham results really.

Hope everyone gets what they want :D

Congrats mm :D
A good sign for next months results too hopefully. At least u r getting towards the end of your journey now ( I still have two to go).

Good luck to all those waiting.
Thanks! Not too sure how Bham went, but he's grown and matured so much during the process, despite being one of the youngest, can't help but feel proud.

Possible end to the 11+ journey but then have back to back years and years of GCSE/Alevel/IB/University entrance stress to go through :( :( .

Been through this process several times, like you, I know the 11+ is just the start, I'm sure I'll look back and think this was all a breeze..... 8)
Last edited by moseleymum on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kep1979

Post by kep1979 »

moseleymum wrote:
UmSusu wrote:
moseleymum wrote:Results are in!

DS2 got a good score, despite being too scared to go into the exam due to nerves :( , but we are awaiting Birmingham results really.

Hope everyone gets what they want :D

Congrats mm :D
A good sign for next months results too hopefully. At least u r getting towards the end of your journey now ( I still have two to go).

Good luck to all those waiting.
Thanks! Not too sure how Bham went, but he's grown and matured so much during the process, despite being one of the youngest, can't help but feel proud.

Possible end to the 11+ journey but then have back to back years and years of GCSE/Alevel/IB/University entrance stress to go through :( :( .

Being through this process several times, like you, I know the 11+ is just the start, I'm sure I'll look back and think this was all a breeze..... 8)

I can't believe how much my DS (a July baby) has grown up during the time between the July exam (when he was still 9) and now. He is my eldest, so have this to do another couple of times :shock: Hopefully next time it will be easier!
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Didn't arrive in post today :?
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Great news all round on this thread. For those of you still waiting, I wish you all the best and am sure it will work out :)

Just one question and please excuse my nosiness dipping into your region. I've only see one score mentioned on here but have read a lot of you have received good scores. How do you know you have a good score? Is it because your results letters have a score range and you are in the top range? I'm only asking because this is the first time Reading have sat CEM tests and we really don't know what to expect when we receive our results next month :?

Anyway, enjoy the moment Walsall 8)
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

sonasona wrote:Great news all round on this thread. For those of you still waiting, I wish you all the best and am sure it will work out :)

Just one question and please excuse my nosiness dipping into your region. I've only see one score mentioned on here but have read a lot of you have received good scores. How do you know you have a good score? Is it because your results letters have a score range and you are in the top range? I'm only asking because this is the first time Reading have sat CEM tests and we really don't know what to expect when we receive our results next month :?

Anyway, enjoy the moment Walsall 8)

The results letter gives the child's score, then there's a table with the range of scores for entry in 2013,2014 and 2015, followed by the "lowest score allocated a place" in 2013/2014. For the current group, the lowest score allocated for 2015 is written as "will not be known until March 2015" but safe score to me means significantly over previous years scores.

For Walsall ,the scores are quite stable, the score of 318 was the minimum required for both 2013 and 2014 according to the letter.

Range was 180-410 for 2015, 185-420 for 2014 and 180-415 for 2013. Hope this makes sense!
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

my dd got 320 in the qm exam x
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

moseleymum wrote:The results letter gives the child's score, then there's a table with the range of scores for entry in 2013,2014 and 2015, followed by the "lowest score allocated a place" in 2013/2014. For the current group, the lowest score allocated for 2015 is written as "will not be known until March 2015" but safe score to me means significantly over previous years scores.

For Walsall ,the scores are quite stable, the score of 318 was the minimum required for both 2013 and 2014 according to the letter.

Range was 180-410 for 2015, 185-420 for 2014 and 180-415 for 2013. Hope this makes sense!
Brilliant explanation moseleymum :) There you go people who were wondering the same :wink:

Walsall, you have really clever hardworking children it seems, be proud of them regardless of the scores you've received 8)
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

walsallmum wrote:my dd got 320 in the qm exam x
Very well done to her - and you :D

You must be very proud, now go and have a lie down! :lol: :D
Busymummy1309

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Hi,

Does this mean that the ones who pass get there results first?
I havnt had anything getting more anxious.
So overall a child must get at least 220 for qmgs to be secure.
help
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

My ds scored 339,I don't know what this means. Got a letter from queen mary as well.