Results ?????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Busymummy1309

Results ?????

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Hi
My eldest son did the 11+ exam at walsall queen marys on the 1st of july. Now i'm just waiting for the results, but first i would like some help. I just cant get my head around the results :?: , how and what they mean.
Could somebody please explain this to me. Also would this be done the same for Birmingam schools, because he sat there exam too.

Thanks
rabbie burns

Re: Results ?????

Post by rabbie burns »

In Birmingham you get a score and you then compare it to previous lowest entry scores for all the schools you are interested in. This gives you an idea of your chances. However scores do vary from year to year and these can be found on this forum. Well above or below previous years and you pretty much know where you are e.g 235 should get you into FW. 210 pretty much won't. If you are around previous cut off scores you just have to wait until March. Possible cut off points will be discussed on this forum and people will try and calculate these in various ways. I think you can make pretty good predictions based on numbers sitting, places available etc and this was the case last year. Good luck
Busymummy1309

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Thanks Rabbie Burns,

I get it all now, so If you get your scores and they are above the lowest mark required, then you have a chance in applying for that school. It seem like just another waiting game to me, then il have to wait and see if he has been accepted by the school in march.
Has your son or daughter do the exams?
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

only if the score is marginal;
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Yes it is a waiting game. The score only gives you an idea of whether your child will get into a particular school. You base your application form on this and in Birmingham you get the first school on the list your child qualifies for. Therefore put them in your preference order and always put your favourite non gs at the bottom so if all else fails you get that one. Some people have put all gs and got into none. Big mistake.
Busymummy1309

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Thanks guys,

I know the results for Adams is coming out tomorrow, would my results be posted on there website aswell, even though we took the test at QM.
Sorry if this sounds silly, buts its my first time and i havn't quite got my head around all of this.
Another question, if a child leaves out 6 question does this mean they are less likely to pass.

Thanks
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Hi busymummy

I wouldn't worry too much about any questions missed. Many children miss things and I know of children who even missed out large sections (by mistake) and still got through if they did well in other sections.

Good luck to those waiting for results. It is an anxious time but hopefully you will get some clarity.
UmSusu
Busymummy1309

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Hi

Could somebody please tell me what the pass score was for last year, so i vaguely know.
I know somebody who scored 347 but still didnt get into Queen Marys?????????

Thanks
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

The only way someone with a score of 347 didn't get into Queen Mary's (the boys) would be if they didn't put it first on their Local Authority application and were in fact offered their first choice of school instead.

My son, who scored 330, was offered a place there (although he has gone to KES in the end). This page shows you that there were reports of 319 offered for QMGS last year. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=36340

It sounds like your informant may be wrong - either about the score, or about the desire to go to the school.
Busymummy1309

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Thanks

I think so too, because it was a friend of my sister in law who did get 347 but like you said was probably hoping for another school.
So 320 roughly should get a child in i think????
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now