Obtained pass mark but decision not to send to grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daffodil3969

Re: Obtained pass mark but decision not to send to grammar

Post by Daffodil3969 »

My twopennorth, my ds last year got the pass mark despite have a wobble and leaving the exam early. He got the strongly encourage letter and was offered a boarding place. He didn't particularly want to go even on a day place basis. He cleared straight level 6s in sats, recorded the highest sats score his primary school had ever known and yet the girl in his class with level 4 and 2 level 5s in her sats got into a grammar. I digress! He wanted to go to to the local state school despite being considered for unconditional scholarship at Indy (he is also very talented footballer, signed to a club). He went to the school of his choice ( local comp, very good) with his friends, happy, and is already earmarked by head teacher as high performing and likely to go far. I've asked him whether get would like to sit again for grammar if a space becomes available....you can probably guess the reply.
My point is, if a child (like mine)is happy and motivated he will do well wherever he is......go with whatever is right for him.
sceptic

Re: Obtained pass mark but decision not to send to grammar

Post by sceptic »

Not quite the same but i have twin boys who both got high enough marks to get in but didnt want to go. We discussed it with them and, on reflection, neither did we!

They both go to a catholic secondary school with a good reputation and both are doing really well and are very happy. Walk to school, get home in time for homework, music, tennis etc.

They will find the right level wherever they go, given your support.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now