Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Busymummy1309

Birmingham results !!!!!

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Hi all,
I was ab
it disappointed with ds score but looking forward to Birmingham result.
Could somebody please tell me what my son would need atleast for BV.
moseleymum

Re: Birmingham results !!!!!

Post by moseleymum »

It's quite easy to look on the KE website for cut offs as of 1st March for all schools in the Consortium

http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org ... and-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In reality the final cut off drops below this, in BV case from 217 to 214.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BV will be admitting an extra 32 extra students so 160 per year until 2020.
Busymummy1309

Post by Busymummy1309 »

Thanks Moseley mum,
Just the last bit of nerves left in me, do you think the Birmingham results will arrive earlier just like the walsall ones?
We were supposed to receive them on Thursday 25 th but instead got them on the 18th.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Busymummy1309 wrote:Thanks Moseley mum,
Just the last bit of nerves left in me, do you think the Birmingham results will arrive earlier just like the walsall ones?
We were supposed to receive them on Thursday 25 th but instead got them on the 18th.

Unlikely IMO.

Birmingham have a huge number of children's results to deal with, and in my experience have been very good at doing what they say when they say, and not a moment before!

With the Walsall Consortium, the websites of the individual schools were giving different dates for the results, as I mentioned in my post on another thread. With Birmingham it seems more centrally coordinated as the King Edwards Consortium sends out the letters rather than the schools themselves.

The Birmingham KE School which has offered the place (if child is successful) will usually send out their individual letter after the official notification on March 1st next year. The result you are waiting for in October is just the score, with advice on previous years cut offs. It's up to you to then fill out your LEA/CAF form armed with this information.

I would strongly advise people to fill in their LEA/CAF online rather than on paper so that you may get the official place offer via email rather than letter, which always takes longer. March 1st falls on a Sunday so that m ay have a bearing on the letters getting sent out.

Every year there are always parents who say they filled out the paper form rather than the online one and they are in agony for an extra few days, especially if their children have borderline scores compared to previous years.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now