Birmingham Consortium results this friday 17th October

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
z-g

Re: Birmingham Consortium results this friday 17th October

Post by z-g »

Hi all, I haven't been on the forums for quite a while, I just want to wish you all Good Luck!
Zainab
equation

Post by equation »

Was told last night by 'someone who knows someone' that works at the foundation office that the results have been sent out this weekend - so results could reach you tomorrow (Monday). So brace yourselves folks!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

The stress is greater now as parents wait for each consortium result with so much riding on the future direction the children take in their education from the examination results. It hasn't helped the Sutton Coldfield exams and the Handsworth Grammar school are part of the same consortium and children dependent on their performance in the one exam. The position is similar for the Wolverhampton consortium. When my eldest dd took her exams almost a decade ago now she took so many more individual exams with different emphasis and subjects in the exams. This in a perverted sense reduced the pressure for performance in one individual exam.
Whatever the results each child deserves to have their childhood back for at least a year after the pressures of the exams and their preparation. I am happy to be in the fun fun year.
Good luck to everyone for the futures of their children whatever the results.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

equation wrote:Was told last night by 'someone who knows someone' that works at the foundation office that the results have been sent out this weekend - so results could reach you tomorrow (Monday). So brace yourselves folks!
Really? So how reliable is your source?!?!?! :?:
Dottymum

Post by Dottymum »

Hopefuldad7 I was wondering the same thing!!!
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

As a diversion does anyone fancy predicting the cut off scores based on numbers sitting and the changes around pp pupils. I found this interesting last year in a morbid kind of way. Reluctant to post mine in case it upsets people. Maybe a thread you only read if you have my sense of the macabre.
equation

Post by equation »

Hopefuldad7 wrote:
equation wrote:Was told last night by 'someone who knows someone' that works at the foundation office that the results have been sent out this weekend - so results could reach you tomorrow (Monday). So brace yourselves folks!
Really? So how reliable is your source?!?!?! :?:
I texted the person again today to confirm & they said the results were definitely sent out? So be prepared.......... :shock:
um

Post by um »

This is an incredibly patient cohort of parents - I'd have been reeling off Lord of the Rings quotes by now :lol:
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

rabbie burns wrote:As a diversion does anyone fancy predicting the cut off scores based on numbers sitting and the changes around pp pupils. I found this interesting last year in a morbid kind of way. Reluctant to post mine in case it upsets people. Maybe a thread you only read if you have my sense of the macabre.
I would love to know your thoughts!
um

Post by um »

I think they will go up :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now