Birmingham and Wolverhampton waiting list offers(past years)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anxiously hopeful

Re: Birmingham and Wolverhampton waiting list offers(past ye

Post by anxiously hopeful »

What a stressful day for everyone, hope that everyone will be able to get to the schools of their choice, even if the situation is not clear now for some. The allocation thread with the scores for last year is dated from march, so presumably before any waiting list allocations, so there is hope even if you think DC's score is not high enough, but you need nerves of steel! My DS did not enter the brum test as we live too far, and I only found out and joined the forum after his Walsall test. Shame because the advice and support from the regular forumites is brilliant and it would have been certainly easier to prepare DS for the test knowing you are not alone!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I agree with DIY mum.

My DS scored 237 two years ago and is now in Y8 at KEFW. One of his new best friends came in from the waiting list.

Some children will perform better in exams than others, so I would take the score as more of a guideline. Once they are at the school, that score will not really mean anything!

If your child's score is borderline for their chosen school, still put that school as first choice on your CAF as this will not prejudice your other choices, and who knows!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Don't lose hope folks for those who haven't quite got the result they were hoping for.
Remember there are Indie tests for those interested - & to be honest with the chance of scholarships/bursaries etc they are excellent choices for a lot of people - we're talking about the VERY best schools in the country.
Then from March there will be many interesting changes in the waiting list & your dc might just happen to be high enough on the list to be offered a GS.
Emotions will be running high today but, in tomorrow's cold light of day, life will roll gently into perspective.