Could 213 get my ds into BV or KEA?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thornhill

Could 213 get my ds into BV or KEA?

Post by thornhill »

our first choice is BV then KEA ; rang BV the lady mentioned that last year the score of the last ds who scrapped in was 212. This year they have 32 more places. Does this mean my ds has a chance? what about KEA?
Fatnorville

Re: Could 213 get my ds into BV or KEA?

Post by Fatnorville »

Based on last years scores, 213 is too borderline make a comfortable prediction for entry into BV. The AQS may drop by a couple of points due to the increase in places, but there are probably other factors at play too - the increase in applicants, the PP places.

KE Aston traditionally require a higher AQS. Was it approx 220 last year?

If BV is where your DS wants to go, put it first on your CAF. You may have uncertainty until offers day...this may continue beyond offers day as the system shakes out the second round of offers, but the only certainty is if you don't put it down on your CAF you won't get that offer.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

BV is not operating the pp policy as is clear from the website of the KE Grammars but have changed the rule to give priority to candidates in the catchment area. Each works in my view in opposite directions. Difficult to gauge its impact.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
thornhill

Post by thornhill »

We live 2 miles away from BV. Will this help?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Apologies if it is not clear I meant there is no longer a priority for living in a catchment area near the school as there was previously.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
um

Post by um »

In answer to the original question, KEA last score in last March 2014 was 214.

So while you are borderline for KEA (as last-score-in could rise) you are certainly in with a chance and it is worth putting it on your form.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

quasimodo wrote:BV is not operating the pp policy as is clear from the website of the KE Grammars but have changed the rule to give priority to candidates in the catchment area. Each works in my view in opposite directions. Difficult to gauge its impact.
I agree that BV isn't applying the PP policy this year. However the supply and demand at other schools will be affected the PP policy, and that may indirectly affect the demand at BV.

The effect may only be marginal, but when you have a score on the margins, it has to be a factor.

Thanks 'um' for clarifying the score for KE Aston in 2014.
z-g

Post by z-g »

Last year my DS got 213 and got into KEA from the waiting list, and the last child to get in from the waiting list had 211, hope this helps.
Zainab
thornhill

Post by thornhill »

thanks