Variations in PP qualifying scores for different schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Doodlemum

Variations in PP qualifying scores for different schools

Post by Doodlemum »

As the PP qualifying score for Camp Hill Girls is 209, and that for Five Ways is 200, do you think more of the allocation for PP children will be taken at Five Ways due to the lower score. I m wondering whether less pp places will be taken at CHG as 209 is harder to attain and therefore the normal score for CHG might be lower than that for Five Ways for that reason?

I hope that makes sense. #clutching at straws!!!
peter5

Re: Variations in PP qualifying scores for different schools

Post by peter5 »

There are probably more than thirty children with the cut off scores applying for those positions .Example few years back , one school had people scoring say 215 getting in, and also students with the same score at 35 on the waiting list .The children who live closest to the school ,and those with circumstances that fit other criteria, will get first place whenever there is a tie .
Think of a pyramid .The highest score will be at the top .
My DC was PP ,but did well enough to achieve a place easily and is doing extremely well .I love what the government and schools are doing to promote the idea of Grammar schools .So many people I meet still think grammar schools cost a lot of money .
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Doodlemum wrote:As the PP qualifying score for Camp Hill Girls is 209, and that for Five Ways is 200, do you think more of the allocation for PP children will be taken at Five Ways due to the lower score. I m wondering whether less pp places will be taken at CHG as 209 is harder to attain and therefore the normal score for CHG might be lower than that for Five Ways for that reason?

I hope that makes sense. #clutching at straws!!!
I don't think the full allocation of PP places will be taken up-this is echoing what the heads of the schools have been saying-so won't have an enormous impact to the scores.
I think FW's score will be similar to CHG or slightly lower-just because they have a larger intake.
Keep clutching on those straws & good luck.
D4ddy

Post by D4ddy »

I agree Bob, I don't think the full pp place will be taken. But someone on this forum said there were 1000 applications for pp.Can someone confirm that??
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

D4ddy wrote:I agree Bob, I don't think the full pp place will be taken. But someone on this forum said there were 1000 applications for pp.Can someone confirm that??
There may have been 1000 pp applicants- & to be honest those applicants have always been there- but - I'm reiterating the heads' words- very few of those pp applicants make the QS.
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

Just checked the copy of tbe application form we kept - there is a box at the bottom of the middle section headed " important information". This explained the pupil premium allocations briefly and then at the end said "please tick this box if your child has been entitled to free school meals at any time in the last 6 years". I guess that they therefore (subject to verifying this information) know how many PP children applied.

Don't get me wrong - in principle I agree with these changes to the system, I'm just selfishly thinking of my on child in this instance!
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

Thank you Bob1892 and D4addy - you are encouraging me to keep my chin up.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now