Green Bus - update

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nervousmom

Re: Green Bus - update

Post by nervousmom »

Our 884 bus to FW is usually good, although as someone else has said, the tracker is not at all reliable as doesn't seem to work very often.

DS is in y8 and has been getting it since he started. Most of the time it has been punctual and most evenings gets in about 5 mins earlier than advertised time.

For most of that time it has been the same driver, Roy, who is great.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Nervousmom, that would fit with how the FW8 was before the changes.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Ours was the old FW5 route, which has actually incorporated another service whicj went through Solihull/Shirley area.

Our DS goes from Wythall, where we drop off and pick up as too far to walk (about 2 miles)

Keep hoping a few more people from our village get in, so the bus will come past the door!
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

orianagirl wrote:Just a point worth mentioning is that some of the Green Buses that pick up/drop off at KE Aston (including the 845 which my DS gets) also serve KE Handsworth and Handsworth Grammar. This can impact on the timing of the service, for instance one evening the driver forgot to pick up at HGS and had to go back for them after picking up at Aston :roll: this made the service over 40 minutes late!

So that potentially answers another dilemma of mine, transport to HGS. Do many kids us the green bus to and from KEHGS for HGS? How do the timings work out? I thought that HGS finished early compared to KE schools.
orianagirl

Post by orianagirl »

Hi muminbrum

The 845 which my DS travels on goes to KE Aston first in the mornings at approx 8.05 then travels to KE Handsworth and then HGS and does this in reverse in the evening as HGS finish the earliest. It picks up at KE Aston at approx. 4 o'clock. Not sure on timings of the other Green Buses.

You can go on the Green Bus website and it shows details of all the school services and timings are on the route maps.

Hope this helps.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

We'd use the 847 which according to the website serves KEHGS but on the map terminates at KEA! No mention of it serving HGS unlike the 845. I wonder if he could just walk up to HGS form the girls school? I'll give the Green Bus people a call.
Queensimster

Post by Queensimster »

I live by Handsworth grammar girls school and you can walk from the girls to the boys HGS but it will take 10mins but depends on how quick your DS walks

Hope that helps
Green Girl

Post by Green Girl »

muminbrum wrote:We'd use the 847 which according to the website serves KEHGS but on the map terminates at KEA! No mention of it serving HGS unlike the 845. I wonder if he could just walk up to HGS form the girls school? I'll give the Green Bus people a call.
Hi - this is my first post so I hope it works ok. My daughter has just started using the 847 to get to KEHGS. In the mornings the bus goes there first and then on to KEA. In the afternoons it starts at KEA and picks up at KEHGS at around 16.00. At the moment the bus doesn't go passed HGS so I think your son would have to walk up from the girls' school. The service has really not been good at all this half term and although they are saying they are trying to improve it I would check the timings carefully to make sure your son would have time to walk between the schools if the bus was running late in the morning.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now