Wait till March is killing me!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anxiously hopeful

Re: Wait till March is killing me!!

Post by anxiously hopeful »

In Telford, if you registered online, you should receive an email with the information about which school your child was allocated a place in on the evening of Feb. 27. Six long weeks to go! :shock:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

anxiously hopeful wrote:In Telford, if you registered online, you should receive an email with the information about which school your child was allocated a place in on the evening of Feb. 27. Six long weeks to go! :shock:
Doesn't that go against the idea of a national offer day? Fair enough to make results available from midnight on the night of the 1st, which many LEAs will set up their systems to do, particularly as a 'carrot' to encourage online registration where it is still only optional. Does Telford man its pupil services office over the weekend to deal with queries? Or are they doing it because the letters will be posted on the Friday so some people will know on the 28th anyway if the postal system proves a bit more efficient than expected?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

Yes, online results are evening of the 27th Feb ( I am either going to have a great birthday....or not!!) or if you didn't do it online they are posted 2nd class on this date with a view to arriving 2nd March.
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

ooo so I might be able to check online and leave the letter for son :)
For solihull I don't think we had any option but to apply online
anxiously hopeful

The email on 27 Feb is relevant for Telford as far as I know, but I am not sure about the other LAs. :?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

rabbie burns wrote:In Birmingham you get an email if you did it all on-line. This should come on the 2nd March this year. Last year ours came around 8.15am before school, so we knew early. I believe the allocations portal also opens on-line at some stage, not sure when.Other authorities of course do their own thing.
According to the letter from Birmingham City Council (received as confirmation of the online application) "you will be sent a letter on 2nd March which should be received on 3rd March 2015...If you applied online you will also receive an email on 2nd March 2015 which will arrive by 3.30pm".

Hopefully it won't be received that late in the day, but they probably wrote that to prevent parents phoning up from 9am onwards :wink: .
mrsowen

Post by mrsowen »

Sleepless mornings are starting to kick in again! Watching Silent Witness doesn't help ...

I have on more than one occasion checked that I put NGHS as first choice on the LEA form. DD got a solid but not stratospheric result so I do have a slight niggling worry that this will be the curveball year and the lowest offer will be much higher than in previous years ...

So agonising, and then I can start worrying about DS and the new AGS admission policy. What do folk think? Will it make it much harder for an OOC lad to get in? I don't know how many local vs non-local boys there are. He will sit the 11+ in July 2016.
Wee

Post by Wee »

We were waiting this time last year and I think it was honestly the most stressful time of my life - hated the waiting. Thinking of you all. Soon be in February and then March...
anxiously hopeful

Mrs O,
The secondary schools booklet issued by the Telford council only provides information about the in and out of area applicants for the Newport High school, i guess it will be the same for Adams, but only once the new admission rules are in place. I wonder if the school itself can provide this info :? It looks like there might be three different pass marks, I.e. for the FSM boys, for the catchment area boys and the rest :roll:
I am tired of waiting, after the holidays the time appears to have slowed down ...
anxiously hopeful

Thanks, Wee! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now