Adams' Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mrsowen

Re: Adams' Grammar

Post by mrsowen »

I think that the NGHS September 2014 cohort comprised of about 22 in catchment girls. Nobody knows (other than the Council/school) what the ratio is for Adams, but why would the ratio of in catchment/out of catchment boys be much different to NGHS? Following this line of argument the cut off for an out of catchment boy shouldn't be much different to an out of catchment girl.

Anecdotal evidence from the last couple of years indicates that the out of catchment cut off score for NGHS is about 317-320.

From my understanding the proposed changes will only affect the boys with scores close to cut off. In particular in catchment boys with marginal scores will be in a stronger position and out of catchment boys with marginal scores will be in a more vulnerable position.

I predict that a score of 350 would be a very comfortable place to be for an out of catchment boy, but we will see this time next year assuming the change to admission policy is implemented.
Last edited by mrsowen on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

I was thinking some might go for Adams' or Queen Marys
Staffsdad

Post by Staffsdad »

Happy dad wrote:Because of WGHS. Many will be willing to attend both. For boys is may be either Adams or hoping to get an assisted place at WGS.
Interesting discussion but there are other schools besides Adams and WGS. We know several parents with an Adams offer who chose TT. The independent sector also has several good schools within striking distance of Adams which some people keep as their fallback.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now