What happens if a number of children score 325/ 330 for exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KenR

Re: What happens if a number of children score 325/ 330 for

Post by KenR »

Matty33 wrote:New to this so hope you don't mind me asking but if some of children who scored 325 for girls school for example and got placed on waiting list and the lowest eventual accepted mark was 309, do those children on waiting list with 325 take places elsewhere hence the last accepted score being lower at 309. (Referring to last year)
Hope that makes sense :|
That is exactly what tends to happen - many parents on the waiting list will decline a late offer (not wishing to disrupt the child as they may already have had sampler days) and so hence the final pass score can drop dramatically as you get towards Sept (or beyond). They why I would not read too much into the final accepted score in late summer.
Matty33

Post by Matty33 »

Thank you for that . I wrongly thought that depending on number of applicants that a girl with 330 would pretty much be safe with regards to QM- offer on day being 316 last year I think. Will have to just keep fingers crossed but appreciate your reply.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

You are very much safe if your dd scored 330 for Queen Mary girls, the cut off last year was 316 on offer day and not much has changed. Provided the school is your number one preference on your LEA form you should receive your offer.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Matty33

Post by Matty33 »

Thank you for your input- much appreciated .