KEHS interview

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dottymum

KEHS interview

Post by Dottymum »

Hi all, got a call yesterday for an interview for dd, they didn't say if it was a borderline interview or AP. Not sure what to expect so any tips appreciated!!!! Good luck to all waiting for interviews and offer letters, the wait is nearly over!!!
mike1880

Re: KEHS interview

Post by mike1880 »

I don't think KEHS do borderline interviews (I may be wrong), they started doing AP interviews a year or two ago and have always interviewed for scholarships. Good luck!
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

Many congratulations Dotty mum! My daughter sat the exam too and loved the school. Very best of luck to your daughter in her interview.

On a personal note I guess that means they've marked the papers already !!!
Dottymum

Post by Dottymum »

Thank you :), yes it seems they have marked them pretty quickly!!!!

Does anyone have any idea what kind of questions she might be asked?
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

Sorry Dottymum I don't know. Let us know how she gets on though - I'd love to hear.

I'm just hanging in there - we'll know by this time next week! I'm not very good at this waiting bit!
Dottymum

Post by Dottymum »

It went well thank you, it was very informal and they made my daughter feel very at ease. We have been told they will be offering her a place but obviously we need to wait till next week to find out the details. Keeping our fingers crossed as she can only go with an AP!!!! It has been a great experience for her either way :D good luck to all waiting!!!
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Hearty congratulations dottymum. Either way, it is a great experience for dcs to go through interviews and such. Well done to her. Fingers crossed for you.

The lady at admissions told me that the letters will go out this Friday. We are out all day Saturday, leaving very early, before the beloved postman arrives. So, will have to hold my nerves in.
Doodlemum

Post by Doodlemum »

Oh no Wildwest!! How will you manage? Is this your first choice school? I'm really anxious now as my daughter got 225 in 11+ so we have no certainties and we are now really hoping for this one.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

I know!!

Well, we have been fortunate with the grammar schools and dd has scored well enough to safely be given KECH, which is our first choice on the CAF form.
So, we all were rather unfocussed by the time January 2015 arrived! (this made me think that, had we not got our scores for grammars early, we would have been vigorous in our efforts. Not that I am complaining, because I am well aware that there are many more positives of obtaining the scores early, unlike the old system). If we get offered KEHS, it would be a really positive situation to be in (I cross my heart and pledge to not hold up both places till eternity and cause grief to fellow parents and pupils :) )

In terms of our overall first choice, despite toiling through the Birmingham section page by page (I think I am currently on page 41 :shock: ) I am none the wiser about indie vs grammar debate.

I wouldn't be naive enough to say that Money is not an issue, it is when I think of having to continue to do a very stressful job full time, having another dc in primary education, etc. But it is definitely doable.
On the other hand, if we go through grammar route, I would be reducing my work load, spending more time at home just being mummy (which I so love, having worked part time for a bit), and hopefully, preserve my physical and mental health.

As for dd, she says she would be happy either way, has given her argument for why she wouln't mind either schools. Her attitude has stayed the same from before we started all this.

And the debate continues........ :roll:
Dottymum

Post by Dottymum »

Thanks Wildwest, sounds like u will have a tricky decision to make very soon so good luck with that. I'm so glad the wait is almost over, how on earth will u cope with being out for the day!!!!!! Goodluck Doodlemum!!!!