Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KenR

Re: Waiting lists

Post by KenR »

There will be some big movements and a lot of candidates on the waiting lists will get offers - whether is goes as high as 49 remains to be seen. Historically for KECHB they used to make about 30 offers over the PAN although that meant that the "excess" places had to be used-up before they went to the Waiting List. As a result though they only made a handful of offers from the Waiting List.#

Think it's generally good news though - my best guess is that 49th is possible although not necessarily probable. Having said that, if you are prepared to wait until say July/Aug then you may find that some candidates offered places higher up the waiting list may decline the offer (because their child has already been to the induction days as the 2nd choice school and they don't want to disrupt things)

There are clearly 2 Waiting Lists - Non PP and PP - looks like they are going to be making Waiting List offers in a ratio of 80:20 as per the respective KE school policies

This make take a while to filter through as the schools go back to the KE Foundation Office every time for the next Waiting List candidate.

Just a point of admin/governance for those of you on the Waiting List - acceptance of offers of places at KE grammars are sent to the school not the KE Foundation - so it's the school that manages the places/offers and it's the individual school that requests additional candidates from the Waiting List via the KE Foundation when they get rejections that drop below PAN.

Hope this helps
rah_b92

Post by rah_b92 »

KenR wrote:There are clearly 2 Waiting Lists - Non PP and PP - looks like they are going to be making Waiting List offers in a ratio of 80:20 as per the respective KE school policies
Or, an offer from the Non PP waiting list when a Non PP place is declined, and an offer from the PP waiting list when a PP place is declined. The proportion of offers declined may of course differ for PP and non-PP.
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Good morning lovely ,brave parents.....

...........................Ref: WGHS .................................

Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes before WGHS ( Wolverhampton Girl's High School ) start to send offers to those on the waiting list? I imagine it would take a few weeks for those who will not take their place to inform the School by writing or email..

Are we looking at March, April, May, or beyond?

My DD is at cut-off, just a few decimal points away, so I am anxious to know when the Waiting List process begins, so that my DD can relax - She feels she has failed because she didn't get a place this week, and a fellow classmate did. Still, it is all part of the learning experience for our DCs isn't it!
Appreciate any advice,experiences etc.....
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

buckbeak are you on 321??
charl002

Post by charl002 »

Any idea of the waiting list process as it's all new to us?? :?
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

charl002 wrote:Any idea of the waiting list process as it's all new to us?? :?
You'll be added automatically to the WL for all the schools that you failed to qualify for. Then you just sit and wait and hope. If you need something more concrete to pin your hopes on you can phone or email the Foundation Office for KE GS or the LEA for BV, HGS etc and ask where you are. Some people seem to do this on a daily basis :shock:
Personally I think, that way madness lies, so I have allowed myself to contact them now to get a starting position and then I'll keep an eye on DC1's very helpful thread here. I might give them another ring towards the end of the month once places have been accepted/rejected and signifcant movements have happened. We'll be lucky to get a WL place so I'm expecting end of the summer holidays, if at all. Wondering how long I can safely delay buying uniform!
charl002

Post by charl002 »

OMG I am so nervous, the whole process is very long and drawn out. I must admit, I am worse than my DD at the minute :)
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

walsallmum wrote:buckbeak are you on 321??
Buckbeak helpfully advised that scores are broken down to a decimal place of two at WGHS i.e 1.34 is rounded down to 1 and 1.67 is rounded up 2 .I don't know if this the position in any of the other consortium schools in Wolverhampton or Birmingham. This is one of the ways they use to distinguish.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Birmingham info says that equal scores are split on distance so I've always assumed that they are working with whole numbers?
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

quasimodo wrote:
walsallmum wrote:buckbeak are you on 321??
Buckbeak helpfully advised that scores are broken down to a decimal place of two at WGHS i.e 1.34 is rounded down to 1 and 1.67 is rounded up 2 .I don't know if this the position in any of the other consortium schools in Wolverhampton or Birmingham. This is one of the ways they use to distinguish.
Yes Walsallmum.... my DD is on 321 ... and on waiting list.