11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Petitpois

Re: Allocations 2015

Post by Petitpois »

quasimodo wrote:
Brodyhoop wrote:KE Handsworth Girls refused at 219

KEFW offered 249

One Happy Twin one Gutted Twin!!! :(
Don't lose hope there has been an acceptance on the forum to KE Handsworth at 226 so it may go much lower nearer to the 219 and you should have good prospects off the waiting list.
I hate looking at these from last year. It was almost certainly two happy twins, but a rejection nevertheless on 219, put it into perspective
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Petitpois wrote:
quasimodo wrote:
Brodyhoop wrote:KE Handsworth Girls refused at 219

KEFW offered 249

One Happy Twin one Gutted Twin!!! :(
Don't lose hope there has been an acceptance on the forum to KE Handsworth at 226 so it may go much lower nearer to the 219 and you should have good prospects off the waiting list.
I hate looking at these from last year. It was almost certainly two happy twins, but a rejection nevertheless on 219, put it into perspective
Now this is purely hearsay but I heard it from a very good source.My youngest dd was talking to one of her friends from her primary days on Wednesday evening,In September 2015 her friend went to Aldridge academy after not gaining a place at KE Handsworth from the waiting list and spent a year at that school.She is now in year 8 at KE Handsworth and working hard to catch up on those parts of the curriculum she missed out on.Therefore do not lose hope and places do become available long after you may think all hope is extinguished.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Quasi a pupil left KEVIHS last week, so I presume they are doing the rounds now looking to see if anyone wants to replace from the waiting list. For all I know they may have already agreed with someone a start date. Given the fact that many won't consider moving now, who knows what score would be acceptable from the waiting list. The only thing you do know is that 209 is the lower threshold.

It would be interesting to know what the real last entry score from waiting list is in these circumstances.
PP
bagofchips

Post by bagofchips »

Sorry if I'm wrong. From my understanding the children who are next on the waiting list are all called in for another exam. I think it consists of maths, English and modern foreign language. My niece was next on the waiting list along with about 10 others for camp hill.Only 1 space available . I think this was around may/June.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

bagofchips wrote:Sorry if I'm wrong. From my understanding the children who are next on the waiting list are all called in for another exam. I think it consists of maths, English and modern foreign language. My niece was next on the waiting list along with about 10 others for camp hill.Only 1 space available . I think this was around may/June.
Waiting lists have to be kept at least until the end of the first term. This is from the school's admissions info for September 2016 entry:

Policy and Procedural Arrangements for In-Year Admissions and Waiting Lists (Years 7-11) Year 7 (first term)
If a vacancy arises during the first term of Year 7, the LA waiting list in existence from 1 March of that year will be used and the place offered to the highest scoring candidate. This is a list of those who sat the test for admission in September 2016 and who did not receive an offer from this school or a more preferred school.

Mid Year 7 - 11
At any point from January after the pupil starts Year 7, parents may apply for a place and places will be offered to pupils strictly in accordance with the published admissions criteria. Parents whose children have not been offered their preferred school will be informed of their right of appeal and will be added to their preferred school’s waiting list. Parents will be advised that inclusion on the School’s waiting list does not mean a place will eventually become available. In-year vacancies normally only become available if a current pupil is leaving the school.

If a vacancy arises, candidates on the waiting list will be invited to take a test and the place will be awarded to the highest scoring candidate above a minimum standard.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
bagofchips

Post by bagofchips »

Thank you for clarifying.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now