please post re scores and allocations 2015 here

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LFC96

Re: please post re scores and allocations 2015 here

Post by LFC96 »

um wrote:Thank you for that info LFC96.
Looks as though someone may have just not turned up. I find that so frustrating - when parents can't have the courtesy to let the school know what is happening.
Hope your ds is enjoying BV now!
Thanks um, yes DS is really enjoying BV!
It is very frustrating - we were obviously offered Aston as we had this higher on the preferences than BV originally. (Just goes to illustrate that you will be offered your higher choice even when you have accepted a lower choice on the form and your DC has started). If we had known earlier, we may well have chosen Aston as a Bus goes there from Solihull and certainly would have been easier travel wise!
Thumbsup

Post by Thumbsup »

Can anyone please tell me what the lowest score from the waiting list was for 2015 AGS admission? Thank you.
Thumbsup

Post by Thumbsup »

Wolves mum wrote:
onebigdilemma wrote:319 offered place at Adams.
Thanks for the update and congrats :P
Just been trawling through posts! Does anyone recall any lower than 319 for AGS for 2015 admission from waiting list? Thanks!
carolineburns

Post by carolineburns »

Does any have any idea what the adams grammar ooc lowest score might be.
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

No one really knows as this is of course the first year, but Newport Girls have had a catchment criteria for several years and I believe (others please correct me if I'm wrong) this raises the score by only 3-5 points.

Bearing in mind boys places this side of the country are one school less than the girls, this may effect the disparity between in/out catchment area cut off score, but presumably not by much more? (The head said there are 7 primary schools in their catchment area, I presume all 1 class intakes.)

So I would theorise that 330 would be safe, 325 borderline?
carolineburns

Post by carolineburns »

thanks., my ds ( not that I know what this means ) is OOC and has a score of 330. I was doubtful until reading your post, now i'm a tiny bit more optomistic. Ordinarily it sounds like it would have been a good enough score, but with the new catchment I was unsure. At least there is hope !! fingers crossed for him. He loved the school .
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

Good luck to your son, I'll cross my fingers for him! :D

It's all very stressful having to wait so long for the results, then not really knowing what the score means this year. At least we have a score, those parents that did not tick the QMGS box only got the strongly advise to apply letter.

AGS is our first choice too, so hopefully we'll see you there!
carolineburns

Post by carolineburns »

Yes that would be fabulous. Of course the next issue, if he gets a place , will be the bus situation. Do you wait until you know if you have a place , or is it worth getting your name on the list now, just in case. Or will they not even take the name unless they definitely know he has a place.
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

I presume you get sent the forms once you have the place (?). :?
I believe it is first come, first served and you don't know for awhile whether you have a place. I think I will be grey haired this time next year!
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

You wait until you are offered a place then existing pupils are given the chance to renew and any left over places are then offered to Year 7.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now