School Offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopefuldad7

School Offers

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Hi all...

It's been a while and I've forgotten what happened last year with the school offers. We are in Birmingham LEA so will we get our notification on after midnight on Sunday 1st March or at some point on Monday 2nd March?

Thanks and sorry if this has already been mentioned.
Hopefuldad7

Re: School Offers

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

Taken from Birmingham City Council Website:

"2 March 2015
Emails are sent to those applicants who have applied online for their child’s secondary school place and an email will be sent ahead of postal notifications.

Letters are sent on Monday 2 March 2015 to let you know the secondary school place we are offering your child. Letters are sent by first class post and should arrive at your home address by Tuesday 3 March 2015."

My question is when would this email be sent out? today, over the weekend or on Monday at some point?
Starsailor

Post by Starsailor »

We received our E Mail from Birmingham LEA at 7.25am on the Monday morning. It was painful as other regions received theie E Mails over the weekend.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

so many of our weekends have been eventful, it would be nostalgic, in a year's time.
KE exams on the weekend. scores came in on a s-t-r-e-c-h-e-d out weekend. allocations on a weekend.
:!:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

just feel sorry - next year is a leap year, Feb 29th is agony for some
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

When son was offered place 7 years ago we logged in and found allocated place a little after midnight
This year the Birmingham Admissions Dept say email will arrive by 4pm on Monday :( but might be able to see online around 9am (when daughter will already be in school :( :( )
I wonder if I will be able to resist temptation to keep checking online through the night...

At least I won't have to wait all afternoon for the postman, like I did when the test results were due :D
It was torture watching him stroll all way down the other side of the road first, then back up again, 2 hours later than usual!
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

In 2013, the email from Birmingham LEA arrived around 8.25am. I was still up after midnight so had checked before bed and knew from posts on here from those in other LEAs that we had probably got our first choice. I think it was Warwickshire that released offers at midnight? I had to drop DS1 at school before the email came as I work so he figured out he'd got KEFW because he had friends will lower marks who had arrived at school after the email and knew they had got in. Good skills of deduction!

I arrived at work to find the email sitting there so had to do a solo celebratory dance in my office :lol:
akhan41

Post by akhan41 »

what amazes me is that cut off scores haven't been leaked. i would have thought someone who knows the cut off scores would have told someone who would have told someone who couldn't resist putting them up on facebook or twitter etc.

its virtually impossible to keep a secret these days - how do they do it??
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

I can't even remember when the email came last year, I was glued to the City Council Admission Page and they updated it around 8am (ish). The email came a few hours later!!

I guess we will be closely watching the website again this year. I won't be staying up Sunday night waiting for results to come after midnight (said that last year too :-))

Good luck to everyone !!!
Last edited by Hopefuldad7 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopefuldad7

Post by Hopefuldad7 »

akhan41 wrote:what amazes me is that cut off scores haven't been leaked. i would have thought someone who knows the cut off scores would have told someone who would have told someone who couldn't resist putting them up on facebook or twitter etc.

its virtually impossible to keep a secret these days - how do they do it??
Maybe they have to sign a disclosure thing?! Although technically speaking 'they' may not even know the final cut offs as these are also dependent on school preferences etc...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now