Wait list for KEFW

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: Wait list for KEFW

Post by hermanmunster »

not that recent really
Girls were first admitted to Five Ways from 1988, firstly in the Sixth Form, and then into the main school ten years later.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Twelfth is all but guaranteed a place. Great school but happy dad why do you think she wants to make it a girl's school. Boys around 70% so around 8 or 9 girls on average in a class. Is this because parents of girls are keener on single gender schools? No idea but strange the split seems fairly consistent every year. No idea about the 2015 intake.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Just a small gripe. I find some of the rhetoric coming out of the school you'd think the school was predominantly female. I also believe some of the policy changes, particularly around homework, are really suited to a female way of learning.

I think many parents and girls are put off by the number of boys so it becomes self-perpetuating.

Still think its an excellent school and my son absolutely loves it.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Think its a mix of some parents wanting single sex ed for girls and another group who aren't against co-ed but find the skew at KEFW a concern. From the boys and girls that I know there it really isn't a problem. Shame its the only co-ed GS IMO.
Dave1879

Post by Dave1879 »

muminbrum wrote:Think its a mix of some parents wanting single sex ed for girls and another group who aren't against co-ed but find the skew at KEFW a concern. From the boys and girls that I know there it really isn't a problem. Shame its the only co-ed GS IMO.
I don't think you should be too concerned about the skew- in fact the girls would say they love the school just as much, if not more, than the boys. There has never been a known incidence where girls have been excluded from any event-maybe the likes of KenR could support the feedback that I've had over the last few years.
Queensimster

Post by Queensimster »

I'm not really bothered about the split of boys/girls just wasn't sure if that was a factor when deciding on candidates from the wait list. Personally I think my son would be fine in a mixed or single sex school just want him to get in now! Roll on yet more nerves
brummom

Post by brummom »

Hi! Any updates about any movements in the waiting list for KEFW?
brummom

Post by brummom »

Just got a letter from KEFW offering my son a place off waiting list!
DC1

Post by DC1 »

Well done to him..What was his position on the waiting list earlier ?
brummom

Post by brummom »

Hi DC1 he was no 2 on waiting list with score 232. We are accepting. That would free a space in KEA. Good luck to all who are waiting!