Practice tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thirdtimemum

Practice tests

Post by thirdtimemum »

Does anyone know if the practice tests at home genuinely reflect the actual test? I'm looking at buying a few and wondering which ones to get or whether they are worth it. My ds has been doing short tests with his tutor but has never done them start to finish.
um

Re: Practice tests

Post by um »

You cannot purchase actual CEM practice tests to complete at home.

More publications are now available with CEM style questions, though. You can see them in the bookstore on this website. Since past CEM papers are not available, publishers and tutors tend to base material on past feedback.

In the Bham exam, there isn't one long test .... the test papers are actually broken up into short sections, e.g. 10 minutes for comprehension, 12 minutes for NVR, etc. Once a section is completed, children cannot go back to it.

Hope that helps.
Daogroupie

Re: Practice tests

Post by Daogroupie »

Have you seen any of the tests that the tutor has used with him? CEM is simply a format and as it has been around for six years now and is spreading to more areas each year there are a lot of CEM format publications available. Students I know of who have done a range of CEM exams confirm that the publications are helpful to have done when facing the CEM exams. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now