100 or 80% scholarships at KES

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HappyRobot

100 or 80% scholarships at KES

Post by HappyRobot »

i know that there are some free places at KES, but was reading on their website that scholarships were 10 -50%.
Can an assisted place be combined with a scholarship to make a 100% or 80% scholarship?
hermanmunster

Re: 100 or 80% scholarships at KES

Post by hermanmunster »

It is possible to get scholarship + top up from bursary funds. http://www.kes.org.uk/scholarships-and- ... laces.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know about the boys' school but the girls are permanently sending begging letters for assisted place funds.
um

Post by um »

I understand that the boys have greater funds available for scholarships and APs than the girls - making it even more challenging to secure a scholarship/AP at the girls' school.

If parental income is very low (less than £20K) , boys can be offered - if they do very well in the examination - a full fee remission (so 100% of the fees are paid).
APs are available up to a parental income of around £70K. These can be combined with scholarships to reduce the fees further.
The scale is shown via a link from this page: http://www.kes.org.uk/assisted-places.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you want to be offered an assisted place (subject to how well the exam goes), there are additional forms to complete on application.

For parents who do not qualify (financially) for an assisted place, the maximum scholarship is 50% of fees.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

In respect of KEHS its my understanding that last year 2014/15 up to 16 scholarships were awarded for academic and music ability.Each was worth an eighth off the academic fees.Some were combined with bursaries and some girls as a result did not have to pay any fees.The scholarship income hasn't changed although more money has been put into bursaries this year.

https://fluencycontent-schoolwebsite.ne ... ooklet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From my youngest dd's school one girl was offered a place at KEHS on a scholarship which she accepted declining her Grammar school place.She wouldn't have been eligible for a bursary.In respect of KES five boys were offered places none with scholarships or bursaries.Only one boy accepted a place. He didn't pass the Birmingham and Walsall consortium exams to be offered a Grammar school place.Of the others three accepted places at Queen Mary Boys and one at KE Camp Hill boys.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now