Sept 12 EXAM format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mh1

Sept 12 EXAM format

Post by mh1 »

Dear All.

I understand that the Brum exam has been MCQ format in the previous years (hope im not wrong with this assumption :oops:

Is it likely to be MCQ format or traditional/standard format for this year?

If MCQ , is it wholly MCQ or partly i.e. standard format for cloze test and and the english/verbal missing letters section and mcq for nvr and maths ?

Sorry but i'm unsure how the MCQ answer options might be presented for the CLOZE test hmmmm

Sorry final question are the candidates supplied with separate answer sheet to fill in a bit like the CGP CEM test packs or is there allocated space for answers on the actual question sheet?

Thank you for your patience
um

Re: Sept 12 EXAM format

Post by um »

The sample test paper is available here http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org ... stions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it gives an idea of the expected format (not expected level of difficulty).

For the first time, there will be a separate answer paper with boxes to shade - the answers will not be written in the main paper.

Generally CEM tests have involved a variety of cloze formats, including multi-choice cloze (with options), word bank cloze and missing letters cloze.
It isn't possible to say exactly which format will be in the exam this year.

As for being MCQ, the Maths is not usually MCQ and, as you can see on the sample paper, the children may need to write in then shade in, the numbers...
mh1

Re: Sept 12 EXAM format

Post by mh1 »

Thank you um.