PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT post details of test content

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bob1892

Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT post details of test content

Post by Bob1892 »

Anyone else been contacted by someone wanting to know test content?
We did but it was worded discreetly.
We'll be careful at our school as well in case other dps are fishing for info for their dcs who might be doing the late test.
patricia

Post by patricia »

If you or anyone else is contacted asking for test content - please quote the message, including the username and pass onto a moderator who will investigate.

Patricia
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Dw was asked by one mother at school about the test - dd is yet to take the test as she wasn't feeling too well (although to be fair to her she has learning difficulties & was going to be allowed the extra time allowance); naturally dw didn't reveal anything.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Dw was asked by one mother at school about the test
None of the mothers talk to one another about the exams at our school :lol: - it's all hush hush and top secret :roll:
I only know who was taking it because the DC tell one another.
Mind you when i saw a few parents at the actual school on the day of the exam they were a lot more talkative than they have been in months and once its all done and dusted we should all be best buddies again :lol:
Well maybe i am being a little optimistic - it all depends on the results!

Just for a laugh i thought i would mention that i had been using various books that not many people were aware of as i felt that everyone uses CGP, BOND, Letts, S&S etc and to have an distinct advantage maybe you should use other material.
Their faces were a picture :shock: :shock: :shock: as they were asking which books and i reeled off a few names that they clearly hadn't heard of :wink: , I bet they wish they had spoken to me NOW!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As i said before when my DS1 took the exam 4 years ago these same parents who have since Year 5 not uttered two words to me are the same ones that were bombarding me with questions about the grammar school exams when their DC were in Year 2.

This 11 plus examination turns some parents into monsters! :mrgreen:

I recall someone wrote on one of the posts that it's a dog eat dog world but i don't feel it should be like that - there is nothing wrong with being friendly and civil to one another.
Whatever is in your child's destiny will be and that's not going to change, so by being nice and pleasant to others it is not going to disadvantage your child in any way.
Last edited by bluejay on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

So true bj.
Everyone seems so secretive, swearing they're not interested, until you see them queuing up on test day :roll:
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Everyone seems so secretive, swearing they're not interested, until you see them queuing up on test day
Imagine when you bump into family at the independent school who specifically stated there is now way they would even consider to pay a penny for their child's education when there are perfectly good free schools and then you see them there on test day!!! :oops: :oops:
Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Actually I think the 11+ doesn't turn parents into monsters but can make things awkward - some feel the competition more keenly than others.

Personally the awkward time is yet to come. Little fish didn't score sufficiently high for KECHG in 2013 although enough for KE Handsworth Girls. We really sweated the decision to go or not - in the end little fish was terrified of the bus journey and the rumours (which subsequently proved false) that the green bus wouldn't be running and she would have to take ordinary transport with non-KE childrens really frightened her and was too much. So we opted for local comp.

So in our minds she had done well - she'd passed - just not quite enough for Camp Hill but off to a reasonably well respected comprehensive, <5 minutes away from us. It has turned out to be a very happy situation and there is some advantage as a pupil being one of the brighter of the cohort - it's given little fish a lot of confidence.

But....

as a parent....

after allocation day there were some parents who stopped talking to me - because there kids were going to a KE school (state grammar or private) and that was it socially, as far as they were concerned.

and there were some parents who gleefully sympathised with me about how awful I must feel that little fish FAILED the 11+.

But the vast majority were more civilised and we continue to see each other, our children remain friends and life moves on. Fortunately for me, the school gate crowd weren't my only social contact and I have a life outside of the school run.

Whatever else folks - I think it is important to congratulate those who go on to succeed (passing the 11+ for state grammar or private schools). I think it is important as a parent to help maintain long established friendships, especially if those children continue to be neighbours or participate in clubs/ lessons/ activities with your child outside of school.

it's painlful when your child misses out or looses a good friend when they go to separate schools - try and smooth that over if you can.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

One of our fellow posters has inadvertently posted some info about the test content this morning.
Thankfully the moderators have edited the post.
The late test is next Monday so please refrain from posting info.
As if the test wasn't 'easy' enough we don't want late sitters having any advantage. :D
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

Well I couldn't share even if I wanted to. Trying to get info out of mine is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Didn't help that I wasn't around on the day and asking about it later just made it clear that his brain had already switched into "finished with that business" mode!

The lack of feedback from my boy I can cope with, however I'm getting very nervous about the 'easy exam' comments and these alleged invigilator mistakes on here. It will be a long wait for the results...!
enema

Post by enema »

Of possible interest, the 'easy' comments are being made about Sale CEM exam (Trafford region) too which was on Monday. Wonder if it was the same exam.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now