New year 7s!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anxiously hopeful

Re: New year 7s!

Post by anxiously hopeful »

:lol: LOL Happy!
It was a lot more babyish reason than that - could not dress himself after rugby. Stupid tie would not tie itself so he waited for a grown up to help him... :oops:
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

DD2 started at same school as DD1 on Sept 3rd. They get the train 3 stops each way.
First day on way home: DD2 " Is this our stop? IS THIS OUR STOP??" DD1 " Oh yeah". By which point the train had left, they had to cross over at the next station and come back a stop.
Second day DD1 wasn't in school pm so was meant to go back for DD2. DD2 came out of school and texted DD1 as she wasn't there. DD1 apparently still at home as had fallen asleep! DD2 got train home on her own with no problems.
I immediately stopped worrying about DD2........DD1 is another matter!!!!!!!
Twinsmummy2003

Post by Twinsmummy2003 »

Anxiously hopeful, they are still little in many ways aren't they?! Such a change for them!

Happy dad/onebigdilemma - DS was a bit put out yesterday after the cross country practice, he said that Webb were the only house who had to jog to and from Longford so he'd actually done : miles lol!

Booelles mum - your story made me laugh, my children are just like that, one very capable and one mystifies me how she gets from A-B without getting lost or breaking something. No wonder I'm going grey!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Twins - Mr Armstrong is determined to keep hold of that trophy this year 8)

DS2 and some pals did practice too :shock: but they sure didn't jog back from Longford. DW received a breathless phone call to ask if she "wouldn't mind" driving down to Longford to pick up DS2 and entourage :lol:

Hope all the Y7s found some interesting clubs to sign up to yesterday. DS2 and pals have signed up for the RAF section of Combined Cadet Force - lord protect us - and to take part in "Smike".
Justinterested

Post by Justinterested »

Happy Dad ,thats interesting as you have to be in year 8 to join the Air Training Corps and I didnt realise it was different for CCF.Until recently it was 13 for the ATC but it was changed to year 8 so not to exclude those with later birthdays.
Anyway glad hes interested in joining its a fantastic organisation .
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

DS2 is in Y8.
Justinterested

Post by Justinterested »

Many apologies Happy Dad I just read the title about Year 7 Obviously I wouldnt pass 11+ now with my poor attention to detail!
The opportunities in CCF are amazing and my graduate daughter has found she has loads to interest prospective employers talking about her ATC experiences !
anxiously hopeful

Goodness, guys, my DS did not bother telling us anything about the clubs and did not join any!!! :x The first thing I heard about them was on this forum! :evil:
At primary, we always had to coax him into joining clubs which he later enjoyed. Here, we are not even made aware!
I am worried he is going to miss his chances, his friends would be doing something interesting, he would just sit and stuff himself in the cafeteria instead :roll:
anxiously hopeful

Are there any sporty clubs? When do they have swimming? He enjoyed the crosscountry despite complaining of stitch. Returned by bus but walked on the way there. It made him very hungry :roll:
Twinsmummy, it is a great change for them, and for us, too! I feel exhausted and a bit anxious still. I wonder whether I should just relax and let him deal with it all himself, but I can't as as he is not organised at all, will mess up and the teachers won't have a good opinion of him from the start. :oops:
By the way, his brand new jumper has already started bobbling ... :cry:
Twinsmummy2003

Post by Twinsmummy2003 »

Good morning Happy dad and Anxiously Hopeful (maybe that should be just Anxiously now - the worry never goes away!!).

Happy dad - you made me laugh! Calling his mum to pick him up from Longford is a sign of genius in my book - maybe my son isn't as clever as he thinks :lol:

Anxiously - I meant to have a chat with DS before the clubs fair as I thought he would pick them according to whatever his friends chose and I forgot so he basically did! I asked him what clubs were available and he admitted he hadn't walked round them all :roll: so I don't know what they all were. I'm sure it's not too late to join them though if he wants to. DS chose two because he didn't want to lose all his lunch breaks. The mum in me is desperate to interfere but I'm backing off (at least for a bit!) as he seems to be enjoying the independence. He asked about boarding the other day! :cry:

Swimming today I think (if he's got it right?).

Have a good day y'all