Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pinkhousemom

Re: Walsall/Wolves/Shropshire Results 2016

Post by pinkhousemom »

quasimodo wrote:Wghs cut offs on offers day for the last two years were 321 for 2015 and 314 for 2016.The actual last cut offs were 318 and 311 respectively.The letter from the school to parents with the scores should reconfirm some of this information.

Last years fall was a surprise to me considering the PAN remained the same.To be prudent parents shouldn't assume entry scores will go up from last year,indeed they could be lower.My best guess is they could be higher the reality is that its a guess.

Mom123 wishing you all the best.There are a number of girls who have siblings at the school.My youngest in year 8 is likewise loving it.

Hi Q,

I don't suppose you know the corresponding scores for QMHS, too? Trying to gather information for my friend whose daughter is awaiting results.

Thanks

PHM
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

pinkhousemom wrote:
quasimodo wrote:Wghs cut offs on offers day for the last two years were 321 for 2015 and 314 for 2016.The actual last cut offs were 318 and 311 respectively.The letter from the school to parents with the scores should reconfirm some of this information.

Last years fall was a surprise to me considering the PAN remained the same.To be prudent parents shouldn't assume entry scores will go up from last year,indeed they could be lower.My best guess is they could be higher the reality is that its a guess.

Mom123 wishing you all the best.There are a number of girls who have siblings at the school.My youngest in year 8 is likewise loving it.

Hi Q,

I don't suppose you know the corresponding scores for QMHS, too? Trying to gather information for my friend whose daughter is awaiting results.

Thanks

PHM
Hi P,

Looking at things historically for the 2013 entry when the system was different the 256 ranked candidate was the cut off on offers day.For the 2014 entry the lowest score for the person admitted to the school was 309 and the scores ranged from 200 to 440.For the 2015 entry when your dd gained a place the scores were between 190 and 420.(The information for 2014 and 2015 came directly from the school.)

I think you will have an idea from your dd's score what the cut off on offers day was in 2015 if you could post it.The final entry was probably 3 or 4 below that.Last year 2016's cut off will be in the letter with the mark scored from QMHS when the school sends it to arrive by the 17th of this month. It may even have the final cut off for 2015 if the letter is different to 2015.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Just for completeness the mark for the last candidate at WGHS gaining a place in 2013 was 297.This was when the system was completely different and offers were made on the basis of your rank in the exam.In 2014 the last candidate to be offered a place scored 316(the scores were in a letter directly from the school in 2014).
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

quasimodo wrote:
pinkhousemom wrote:

Hi Q,

Thanks

PHM
Hi P,

Looking at things historically for the 2013 entry when the system was different the 256 ranked candidate was the cut off on offers day.For the 2014 entry the lowest score for the person admitted to the school was 309 and the scores ranged from 200 to 440.For the 2015 entry when your dd gained a place the scores were between 190 and 420.(The information for 2014 and 2015 came directly from the school.)

I think you will have an idea from your dd's score what the cut off on offers day was in 2015 if you could post it.The final entry was probably 3 or 4 below that.Last year 2016's cut off will be in the letter with the mark scored from QMHS when the school sends it to arrive by the 17th of this month. It may even have the final cut off for 2015 if the letter is different to 2015.
According to a posting on this thread the cut off on offers day in 2014 was 318 and in 2015 was 319.This seems right and if memory serves me correctly without checking the threads your dd scored just above this in 2015when she was offered her place on offers day.

There may be information on NGHS on the threads in respect of cut offs I am sorry I do not have any direct information.

Abraham Lincoln
pinkhousemom

Post by pinkhousemom »

Thank you, Q!

Yes, my DD scored 319. I think (from here at least) she was the lowest offered on offers day. There doesn't seem to be as much info for QMHS on here compared with WGHS. I was hoping to have provided my friend with a little info before her letter arrived. At least she doesn't have long to wait, unlike us! It felt like I had spent that entire year waiting for one thing or another!
Iram

Post by Iram »

pinkhousemom wrote:Thank you, Q!

Yes, my DD scored 319. I think (from here at least) she was the lowest offered on offers day. There doesn't seem to be as much info for QMHS on here compared with WGHS. I was hoping to have provided my friend with a little info before her letter arrived. At least she doesn't have long to wait, unlike us! It felt like I had spent that entire year waiting for one thing or another!
Hi my dd scored 318 and was offered a place at qmhs on offers day. From waiting list lowest score to get in was 311 for 2016 entry.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Iram wrote:
pinkhousemom wrote:Thank you, Q!

Hi my dd scored 318 and was offered a place at qmhs on offers day. From waiting list lowest score to get in was 311 for 2016 entry.
Thank you for the more accurate information.The last entry score for 2016 will be in the letter sent to parents if it is similar to the one we received in September 2014.

Abraham Lincoln
Hopefulmummy34

Post by Hopefulmummy34 »

Hello everyone! - am I on the right thread for NGHS? Just so I know where to look come results day!!
Mom123

Post by Mom123 »

Just received letter from WGHS , DD 2 got 321. Very pleased. Her hard work paid off. Hopefully she will join her sister at WGHS next year. Good luck everyone who are waiting.This year total scores ranged from 398 to 0.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Mom123 wrote:Just received letter from WGHS , DD 2 got 321. Very pleased. Her hard work paid off. Hopefully she will join her sister at WGHS next year. Good luck everyone who are waiting.This year total scores ranged from 398 to 0.
Congratulations.

If you don't mind me asking what did the letter say about final cut offs for the last girl admitted in 2016 ?

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now