11+ discussion on radio BBC WM on now

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thirdtimemum

11+ discussion on radio BBC WM on now

Post by thirdtimemum »

Got to be worth a listen.
Hmmm not really about the 11+ more about pushy parents.
Petitpois

Re: 11+ discussion on radio BBC WM on now

Post by Petitpois »

That was pretty much the worst radio phone in I have ever listened to. The man who was saying that ability did not matter because "ugly" kids would always do worse than "good" looking kids and to just give them a vitamin pill???????

Then the lady banging on about letting children have a childhood and not pushing them too far / stressing them out them too far. ooooooooooooooooh please!!!

I do despair sometimes and that WM discussion was one of them. With spectrum of opinion as it is, no wonder education is what it is.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Have to agree. It was quite obvious the presenter wanted to discuss his child having tuition. I did text in and had a phone call asking me if I would speak on air but not my thing so refused. I was told the presenter actually did an 11+ exam last week and we're going to discuss that, I can only assume they didn't discuss it as the conversation didn't really go that way.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Jasper Carrot - used to do a great comedy routine, taking the proverbial out of 1970's dense baggies / villa / blues football fans ringing in to Tony Butlers football phone in (on BRMB) to discuss the Saturday afternoon controversy points, and then having little say to and not being able to articulate themselves.

Well obviously - the government intervened and set radical improvement targets and a robust inspection regime, because wind forward to 2015 and you have the Franksy football phone in on WM, most evenings 6-7pm and there are some pretty analytical, insightful and articulate chaps and ladies offering their opinions on that show. Fransky is a very skillful chair / phone in host also.

Where they got many of those people from this morning god only knows, but Danny struggled too!

For the record - come on you lions