Raw score request.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thirdtimemum

Raw score request.

Post by thirdtimemum »

i am trying to get my child's raw score as he didn't score as high as he had been expected with the Walsall exam. I was advised on here to contact the school requesting the information under the freedom of information act which I did. Although the school have refused under that section , they have already emailed back saying they will answer my request under the data protection act. I can expect a response in 40 days.
Not sure if anyone else wanted to request the raw scores but I'm impressed with their prompt response.
MSD

Re: Raw score request.

Post by MSD »

Yup, we had the same response a while back. It's all confusing, but it has to be done under data protection.

Once you have the results, could you possibly post here? It helps collating useful stats.
Sally-Anne

Re: Raw score request.

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Data Protection Act allows you to access information held by a public body or private company about yourself, your child or (very occasionally) another individual for whom you have responsibility.

The Freedom of Information Act allows you to access general information, not specific to an individual, about public bodies, such as expenditure, governance, outcomes, etc. Essentially it gives us "the right to know what those who are paid to serve us are doing". (There are some exceptions to that, of course - matters of national security, for example.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now