Peer Pressure/Issues girls face at a single sex school.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Petitpois

Re: Peer Pressure/Issues girls face at a single sex school.

Post by Petitpois »

The joke was not on someone who has a normal old banger, but rather on anyone at that school that might consider a person's worth, by the car that they drive.

Oh, I see, your assuming that actually I really do drive an "elite" car and that my humour is in reverse, i.e. really about putting down normal people, who have the great misfortune to drive an 02 plate Rover.

I love the implicit arrogance. That a bit of self deprecatory humour can't actually be genuine and in fact must be a wider snobbish comment on those perceived to be less fortunate.

Almost every parent when questioned says they want the best for their child. A question that is almost meaningless because of the broadness in which it could be both answered and understood.

Answer the question honestly and truthfully for yourself, but write down each statement that comprises the answer in a note book. Leave it for 24 hours, then re-read your statements to your self whilst facing towards a full length mirror. Then ask yourself whether any of the said statements are in the slightest snobbish???

DD will be attending Lordswood Boys in 2016 - it'll just be easier.
Petitpois

Re: Peer Pressure/Issues girls face at a single sex school.

Post by Petitpois »

previous post edited to remove "some" gaseous references
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now