Let's do our bit to help parents embarking on 11+ journey

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Petitpois

Re: Let's do our bit to help parents embarking on 11+ journe

Post by Petitpois »

Hi MSD

Just fired mine off, to Queen Mary. In terms of f) that request is a little redundant as they have already written to parents with that??

Be fascinated to see actuals and be able to compare raw scores and % with home test scores.
:shock: :shock:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Petitpois wrote:Hi MSD

Just fired mine off, to Queen Mary. In terms of f) that request is a little redundant as they have already written to parents with that??

Be fascinated to see actuals and be able to compare raw scores and % with home test scores.
:shock: :shock:
I see what you mean but leave it in for the sake of completeness. :wink: Does no harm.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

What would be really interesting is too be able to compare the VR/NVR/NR scores between professionally tutored DC, DIYers and if you could possibly track them down the going in blind. This information the testing bodies wouldn't be able to get hold of.
MSD

Post by MSD »

The problem is not many are up front and open to admit they are using a professional tutor. My tutor knows a few on this forum who blatantly say they are doing DIY, despite using her for god knows how long.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I think care about definitions is needed. Almost no one will go in completely blind. I spoke to a chap at my gymnastics centre about his experience with 11+.

He said we registered on the final day possible, because DD didn't want to feel left out, amongst her friends. He said that they didn't do anything really until the week before, where he practised a few Maths questions with his daughter.

She scored really really low. His final comment was that the questions were inherently rigged and ambiguous,especially the picture type questions.

I consider this child to have been home tutored.

PP
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Petitpois wrote:I think care about definitions is needed. Almost no one will go in completely blind. I spoke to a chap at my gymnastics centre about his experience with 11+.

He said we registered on the final day possible, because DD didn't want to feel left out, amongst her friends. He said that they didn't do anything really until the week before, where he practised a few Maths questions with his daughter.

She scored really really low. His final comment was that the questions were inherently rigged and ambiguous,especially the picture type questions.

I consider this child to have been home tutored.

PP
...possibly but sounded like light tuition and fairly inept to me. Dad obviously a little clueless so not much help. I have vague memories of trying it once before in the Glocs section but yes getting the info out of people is a struggle. Strange as we are pretty much all virtual acquaintances with no real loss of face involved. Maybe the info could be pm'd to a mod?
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Do you think it will take Charles less than 40 days??
MSD

Post by MSD »

Petitpois wrote:Do you think it will take Charles less than 40 days??
PP - Just saw this. Charles is defo on the ball and I am expecting the information to be back within next few days.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Hajra - Did you get an acknowledgement back on your request?
MSD

Post by MSD »

And guys please don't forget to come back and post your raw scores here. Cheers!