Let's do our bit to help parents embarking on 11+ journey

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tolstoy

Re: Let's do our bit to help parents embarking on 11+ journe

Post by Tolstoy »

MSD wrote:PP - Have you had any acknowledgement back from schools yet?

Tolstoy - Did your DC do Walsall consortium?
No I'm an interloper. It's very quiet where in the county I'm in and we seem to have the longest wait for results :roll:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

MSD for the purposes of the DPA you are the data subhect.

The information commissioner presumes maturity and therefore subject status from age 13 upwards unless, there is clear evidence they Dc lack the maturity to act on their own behalf. Above 16 its there data.

Below 13 there is an assumption that consent for data processing relies vicariously upon the parent or guardian.

If you really want to put the fear of god up them,quote their responsibilities (as a proscribed legal entity) for processing pupil data under the education act 1996 and Statutory instruments approved by the Secretary of state for education, but your on terra firma, trust me, with regards DC data.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Tolstoy wrote:No I'm an interloper. It's very quiet where in the county I'm in and we seem to have the longest wait for results :roll:
Not to worry - us brummies will keep you entertained :D
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Not yet, need to get open evening sorted, before then will fire off. Jyst calling them now.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

MSD wrote:
Tolstoy wrote:No I'm an interloper. It's very quiet where in the county I'm in and we seem to have the longest wait for results :roll:
Not to worry - us brummies will keep you entertained :D
You are, most definitely :lol:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Petitpois wrote:MSD for the purposes of the DPA you are the data subhect.

The information commissioner presumes maturity and therefore subject status from age 13 upwards unless, there is clear evidence they Dc lack the maturity to act on their own behalf. Above 16 its there data.

Below 13 there is an assumption that consent for data processing relies vicariously upon the parent or guardian.

If you really want to put the fear of god up them,quote their responsibilities (as a proscribed legal entity) for processing pupil data under the education act 1996 and Statutory instruments approved by the Secretary of state for education, but your on terra firma, trust me, with regards DC data.
I have accepted the two conditions they stipulated. They have now confirmed the detailed results will emailed to me within 40 days. It will be great to see the areas he breezed through and ones he messed up on. I am sure most parents are dying to get their hands on this info :lol: :lol: :lol:
MSD

Post by MSD »

Bob - You sent your email yet? Lot of parents seem to be on the case going by the number of views - make sure you don't miss the boat :wink:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Msd can you send pm the email address please

Cheers
MSD

Post by MSD »

Petitpois wrote:Msd can you send pm the email address please
For you it will the admissions coordinator in WHGH and QMGH. I sent it to QM boys.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

MSD wrote:Bob - You sent your email yet? Lot of parents seem to be on the case going by the number of views - make sure you don't miss the boat :wink:
Done and dusted last week :D