My dd@s score was 298

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Petitpois

Re: My dd@s score was 298

Post by Petitpois »

Larger class sized cos they canned about 12 staff to address deficit.

Other concern I have is how much deeper will my pockets have to be to ensure DD does all the things needed as part of school life. Things that might have previously been subbed, darling parents now get letter saying how much its costs.
saraakash

Post by saraakash »

I think I shall ring the school regards to the extra 60 places, I'm assuming this may include extra girls taken externally into the sixth form in 2016 too.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Petitpois wrote:Larger class sized cos they canned about 12 staff to address deficit.

Other concern I have is how much deeper will my pockets have to be to ensure DD does all the things needed as part of school life. Things that might have previously been subbed, darling parents now get letter saying how much its costs.
saraakash wrote:I think I shall ring the school regards to the extra 60 places, I'm assuming this may include extra girls taken externally into the sixth form in 2016 too.
WGHS has just recently completed a £7.3 million refurbishment and new build for a sixth form centre and now have a lot of extra capacity.There are no new extra places this year, last year they did increase numbers for year 7 which have increased now by 37 places.There are now 5 classes of 29 girls each.There has already been an expansion of the sixth form.

There has been a mostly voluntary programe of Teachers and other staff taking redundancy up to 10 in the letter sent to parents last academic year and recruitment of some staff and changing the teaching time of some staff.My dd has been there just 3 weeks and yet all of her teachers seem to be mostly the curriculum leads and they are testing and assessing each child and offering already assistance or stretching work where and to whom it is required.I have no complaints.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
um

Post by um »

There is no harm in placing WHGS on your preference form as first choice, if that is your first choice.
There may be a chance (there isn't for QMHS)

Just ensure that one of the schools on your preference form is one where you know that you can gain entry based on results/distance/other criteria.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Petitpois wrote:Larger class sized cos they canned about 12 staff to address deficit.

There are some things "needed" at school as they are part of the curriculum work - these should be minimum cost + free places if needed.
I know it might be different oop north but the most I paid on an "essential" event was about £20 and the most on a non essential but terribly useful trip was £200-300 for battlefields trip.
There were other jaunts offered but kids didn't want to go and there was no pressure from school.
We paid for the odd book higher up the school- school bought in bulk so good discount.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Cheers I have just stumped up circa £500 for school trips for both DD's at primary.

Relatives Grammar kids visited China, Nicaragua and Ecuador. All non essential I suppose, but if you can, you will, if you know what I mean.

I had visions of them getting me to buy Hockey kit, only for them to move on to something else a week later!.

Joking aside thanks for letting me know
girlmom

Post by girlmom »

ok guys thanks, next week she will be taking the thomas telford test, her brother and cousin already go there! Lets hope she gets in too! i really want her to got thomas telford more!
girlmom

Post by girlmom »

The tts test went well for my daughter, now we r just waiting for the result! :P
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Good to hear. Let us know how she gets on. DG