QM Boys Grammar School Vs KEFW... 2015 Opinions Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MSD

Re: QM Boys Grammar School Vs KEFW... 2015 Opinions Please

Post by MSD »

WindowGlass wrote:HD
but my DS now stays on late after school, goes in at weekends. And sometimes wants to go in early to hand work in before lessons start
Wow! What year is he if you don't mind me asking WindowGlass?
SSINGH77

Post by SSINGH77 »

We also went back to QMG today and I have to say that it really is a good school. Everything about the school is really good.

Speaking to some of the sixth form students who have been there from the start and speaking to the sixth formers who have come form elsewhere was very interesting.

You can see that all the kids love the school and they are all excelling.

I spoke to one Sixth form Girl who was at KEFW for her GCSE's.

I asked her why she moved, she said initially it was because of the distance but she said seeing QM she couldn't believe how much more the school provided a togetherness atmosphere rather than a exam crunching atmosphere.
She said she felt at FW that they were just GCSE churning machines.....

Anyway its a lovely school and i think our minds are finally made up..

:D :D :D :D :D
The World is a Drama Staged in a Dream
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

SSINGH77 wrote:We also went back to QMG today and I have to say that it really is a good school. Everything about the school is really good.

Speaking to some of the sixth form students who have been there from the start and speaking to the sixth formers who have come form elsewhere was very interesting.

You can see that all the kids love the school and they are all excelling.

I spoke to one Sixth form Girl who was at KEFW for her GCSE's.

I asked her why she moved, she said initially it was because of the distance but she said seeing QM she couldn't believe how much more the school provided a togetherness atmosphere rather than a exam crunching atmosphere.
She said she felt at FW that they were just GCSE churning machines.....

Anyway its a lovely school and i think our minds are finally made up..

:D :D :D :D :D
I don't blame you at all (assuming you've decided you prefer QM), I massively do, more and more as I've reflected on this morning's visit. I'm so glad I convinced my other half to come along - he kept saying it was too far, and wouldnt entertain discussion about it as a serious option, but after a 23 min drive and a fabulous presentation of the school he came home and started looking at bus routes! We've now established there's a public bus from the end of our road that would get son there relatively easily & quickly. Now to set about persuading son, who is still saying KEFW or local secondary option :roll: I'm glad he's only 10, he doesn't know enough about LA preference forms to query why the outcome might be something else entirely (he wants to put QM third :D )
SSINGH77

Post by SSINGH77 »

I did exactly the same thing.. We looked at the Green Bus route and its about a 35 minute journey to and from school.

I also spoke to one of the teachers and they were saying that only 700ish people turned up for the open evening and that was really low. They said thats why so many people turned up today. I got the feeling that the lowest score would be lower than 319 320.

great school Great facility great kids great results. Cant Complain..
6th in the country in the good school guide
2nd last year on GCSE results..
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

Yes, head 'guesstimated' 310 this year I think didn't he? I know it won't make much difference but I kind of wish they weren't adding a class this year, the smaller the better IMO!
SSINGH77

Post by SSINGH77 »

I agree that maybe it would be better not to add another class but then I think for them to stay competitive they need the extra heads in the school but also the calibre of student is very good so it's not a bad thing. It was also great that most of the school where out on a field trip.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now