Schools performance data 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Petitpois

Schools performance data 2015

Post by Petitpois »

I strongly suggest people look carefully at the provisional results for schools before making their decisions on CAF forms.

2015 results are fairly disappointing in my neck of the woods. One one local comp has bucked the trend and improved GCSE results (but even then only got back to its mediocre performance two years ago - so nothing to write home about).

Other schools that were performing very strongly and possibly were on the cusp of challenging the grammar, seem to be experiencing significant drops off. If you want an example, have a look at Lordswood Girls - provisional results 58% getting 5 or more good GCSE's. They were getting high 70's.

The boys have improved to 30% from the eye wateringly low 10%, so a 200% increase in one year if you choose to look at this way. but 30% really?

I know some of my comments have not all been justified, but I wonder at what point parent apathy gives way to indignation at the performance trends in many schools, in Birmingham and the Black Country. This stuff leaves us all poorer and with less choice

It is scandalous
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now