Birmingham Last scores in and Waiting list score offers 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

helen0209

Re: Birmingham Last scores in and Waiting list score offers

Post by helen0209 »

Hi Um, we went to a HG open morning this week, and they confirmed that they accepted a 203 for 2015 entry.
Thumbsup

Post by Thumbsup »

helen0209 wrote:Hi Um, we went to a HG open morning this week, and they confirmed that they accepted a 203 for 2015 entry.
DS score was 202. I was going to put HGS as 3rd preference but then swapped to a local conprehensive school instead. As I thought it wasn't close enough to the lowest score that was admitted in previous years.

I'm hoping 319 will secure either AGS or QMGS. Albeit from the waiting list? What are your thoughts?

I rreally don't know what to put as option 3? (We have a total of 5 preferences... Last two will be comprehensives). I don't want to waste a preference!
Anigan

Post by Anigan »

Thumbsup wrote:
helen0209 wrote:Hi Um, we went to a HG open morning this week, and they confirmed that they accepted a 203 for 2015 entry.
DS score was 202. I was going to put HGS as 3rd preference but then swapped to a local conprehensive school instead. As I thought it wasn't close enough to the lowest score that was admitted in previous years.

I'm hoping 319 will secure either AGS or QMGS. Albeit from the waiting list? What are your thoughts?

I rreally don't know what to put as option 3? (We have a total of 5 preferences... Last two will be comprehensives). I don't want to waste a preference!
Hi, my understanding is that if you put hgs as your third choice, you might just get it, however if u put it below the comprehensive and u are offered the comprehensive, u won't then have a chance at hgs as you will be offered the higher preference comp. however if u are not offered hgs, u will not have compromised ur chance of getting a place at the comprehensive. Hope that makes sense!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

You are correct
Thumbsup

Post by Thumbsup »

I'm hoping 319 should get us in QMGS. And that we don't reach our third preference! (Be it a comp or HGS). I am so indecisive. I wish I could make a decision and just stick to it. I seem to be going around in circles!
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

um wrote:CUT OFF SCORES 2015

For 2015 entry the score of the last child to gain entry to each of the Grammar Schools in Birmingham as of 1st March 2015 is listed below:

Bishop Vesey's Grammar School 219 (pupil premium not applicable)
Handsworth Grammar School 207 (pupil premium not applicable)
King Edward VI Aston School 224 (207 pupil premium)
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys 243 (219 pupil premium)
King Edward VI Five Ways School 232 (206 pupil premium)
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls 231 (210 pupil premium)
King Edward VI Handsworth School for Girls 219 (209 pupil premium)
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls 215 (pupil premium not applicable)

The KE schools usually 'over offer' to allow for the fact that some pupils will choose to attend Independent Schools.

However in 2015, they did not over-offer due to the wish to keep the places offered at (where possible) 20% Pupil premium pupils.
Therefore, following offer day, last-scores in dropped more quickly than had previously been the case.

From information provided by parents, we understand that the following scores were offered (for non-pupil premium children) from the waiting lists.
Not all children on these scores may have been offered a place (as distance criteria is used where children have the same score).
Lower scores than these may have been offered - but these scores were confirmed by parents:

Bishop Vesey's Grammar School 215
Handsworth Grammar School 203
King Edward VI Aston School 218
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys 236
King Edward VI Five Ways School 226
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls 225
King Edward VI Handsworth School for Girls 216
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls 212
Um I am looking at a post from last year from Nervousmum and in it she quotes the FO as stating that KEVIHS had offered a place off Waiting list as late as September 08, on a score of 215. That extra point would provide a lot of reassurance for this years people. Must admit I have been working on basis that it was 216, but there is a clear trail of posts with the 216 for KEVIHS being offered in Early April and then Nervousm posting about 215 in September.

Happy to send you the links?
Lady9

Post by Lady9 »

hi
am new to this so how do you know where you are on the waiting list? My son did the test yesterday - so we get scores in October which gives you a sense of what could be possible, are you on the waiting list then or do you get a waiting list number in March??
um

Post by um »

Well done to him for completing the test :D

This topic thread is more up-to-date: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=46101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will receive your child's score on 14 October. This can help you decide which schools to apply for. It is not an offer of a school place.
You must apply for your schools by 31 October.

You will receive your school allocation on 1 March.

After you have received your school allocation, if your son has his received his first choice, you can find out where on the waiting list he is for the school choices which were higher on your list than his allocated school. He is placed on these waiting lists automatically.
Lady9

Post by Lady9 »

Great thank you, it's just a waiting game now I guess! It's been suggested to me that a "guarantee" of a BV place would require 220? This ties in with the numbers that you have compiled in your thread!
um

Post by um »

This thread is very old - from 2015.

The more up-to-date thread is here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=46101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now