Advise for parents on comp schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ABJ

Re: Advise for parents on comp schools

Post by ABJ »

Also I don't understand the parents who has access to excellent comps still send their child to grammar even if it is 45 mins - 1 hour journey
Is the grammar school is associated with parents prestige ??

Why not give the child who hasn't got the decent comp in his area give a chance to go a good school
worldcup14

Post by worldcup14 »

I've always though grammars were at least partly to do with parent prestige. Obviously this is hard to evidence but talking to some parents leaves that destination impression....discuss.
Secret

Post by Secret »

ABJ wrote:Also I don't understand the parents who has access to excellent comps still send their child to grammar even if it is 45 mins - 1 hour journey

Why not give the child who hasn't got the decent comp in his area give a chance to go a good school
So agree Abj just been harping about that myself on another thread :roll:
ABJ

Post by ABJ »

Secret wrote:
ABJ wrote:Also I don't understand the parents who has access to excellent comps still send their child to grammar even if it is 45 mins - 1 hour journey

So agree Abj just been harping about that myself on another thread :roll:
I am glad that someone agrees to me here :)
Otherwise everything I said was disagreed by the 'intellectuals' here. :P
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I think that is a valid point of view and I sometimes wonder that myself. But when all is said and done you are on a website dedicated initially to those interested in the 11+ - ergo getting their child into a grammar school. If you feel strongly about people wanting to do that, even when there is distance involved, maybe don't come to a website dedicated to it. Using expressions like "The intellectuals on here didn't like it" is hardly going to support your chances of getting your point of view listened to and understood, if not agreed with. I feel an edge with you ABJ that you don't like this site or the people on it...........which begs the question why stay here?
ABJ

Post by ABJ »

Yamin151 wrote:I think that is a valid point of view and I sometimes wonder that myself. But when all is said and done you are on a website dedicated initially to those interested in the 11+ - ergo getting their child into a grammar school. If you feel strongly about people wanting to do that, even when there is distance involved, maybe don't come to a website dedicated to it. Using expressions like "The intellectuals on here didn't like it" is hardly going to support your chances of getting your point of view listened to and understood, if not agreed with. I feel an edge with you ABJ that you don't like this site or the people on it...........which begs the question why stay here?
It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with people or site but every single post of mine was ganged upon by the group of people who seem to be regular on here..
It's the forum which according to dictionary is -a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"
synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, conference, seminar, convention, colloquy, convocation, congress, rally, council, symposium, conclave, congregation, synod, diet;

And that's exactly I am here for !! Thanks anyways
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Your list failed to include tact and diplomacy. Why not! :x
ABJ

Post by ABJ »

Petitpois wrote:Your list failed to include tact and diplomacy. Why not! :x
Left it for you to add for me :D :D
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

ABJ wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:I think that is a valid point of view and I sometimes wonder that myself. But when all is said and done you are on a website dedicated initially to those interested in the 11+ - ergo getting their child into a grammar school. If you feel strongly about people wanting to do that, even when there is distance involved, maybe don't come to a website dedicated to it. Using expressions like "The intellectuals on here didn't like it" is hardly going to support your chances of getting your point of view listened to and understood, if not agreed with. I feel an edge with you ABJ that you don't like this site or the people on it...........which begs the question why stay here?
It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with people or site but every single post of mine was ganged upon by the group of people who seem to be regular on here..
It's the forum which according to dictionary is -a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, conference, seminar, convention, colloquy, convocation, congress, rally, council, symposium, conclave, congregation, synod, diet;

Debate, not insults.
ABJ

Post by ABJ »

Yamin151 wrote:
ABJ wrote:

Debate, not insults.
Agree completely !!!
if you look at some of my previous posts the words used against me were definetly more than insult
It was not started by me !!!
I had my viewpoint with my own reasons to it agree or disagree it's ones own choice isn't it !!
I would have been very impressed if you were there to stop regular members bashing me on my opinion !!