Swings in grammar preferences Yr on Yr

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Petitpois

Re: Swings in grammar preferences Yr on Yr

Post by Petitpois »

As usual standards are different between Authorities. There is information for 2015 for Wolverhampton Girls High School. You would have to find 2014 admissions document to do yr on yr comparisons, but for 2015 admissions.

581 people applied for 145 places at the school.

Of the 581 preferences 352 were first place preferences.
There were 20 appeals made for places and the appeals success rate was 0%.

For what it is worth, and I am not sure how useful this is we have put WGHS 3rd in our preferences.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Thanks for your help. :)
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Telford and Wrekin report the following for 2015:

Adams' 105 places, 176 1st preferences, appeals 0
Newport Girls 84 places, 1st preferences 35 in, 84 out of catchment, offered 23 in 61 outside of catchment.

For the record I didn't like KE Aston. I asked my asian friends if that meant I was racist, she said it didn't :roll:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

But many many will choose a school based on ethnic mix. More and more enclaves developing..
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/lo ... im-7800883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2007 ... population" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The trends identified in terms of ethnic concentrations are going to continue in schools in Birmingham and its suburbs.I have tried to be objective. The article from 2007 in the guardian has proved to be accurate.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Thanks for sharing articles with us, Quasimodo... You are our star in term of gathering good articles! :D I often meant to thank you, so I thank you for the past, the present and the future :wink:
succeed

Post by succeed »

JaneEyre wrote:You are our star in term of gathering good articles! :D I often meant to thank you, so I thank you for the past, the present and the future :wink:
Notwithstanding this article (which is actually quite factual), I have noticed that you post a similar number of articles 'in the same vein'(? ) as quasi..to the point I actually thought you were the same people ! :shock: :lol:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

succeed wrote: ..to the point I actually thought you were the same people ! :shock: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny, isn't it, how people make preconceptions!

No, I am not quasimodo. I do not have several identities on this forum (like some people do :shock: :shock: )... and I have even never changed my identity for 7 or 8 years I have been posting on this forum to which I became addicted! It is a better addiction than cigarettes, isn't it?:D :D

Everything is clear and simple with me! :lol: I am just a little frog who has done a long jump over the Channel 13 years ago. Quasi has no French blood in his veins and I have always wondered why he chose Quasimodo as a nickname... but he did not answer my question when I asked him, the dear fellow :wink: ! I have never met him, by the way.

Conclusion of my experience with his posts:
Quasimodo is an avid reader like I am, and he is also a 'pro GS ' like I am except that he knows what prep school are while I had the experience of a state primary school for my DS.
Now quasi can correct me if I have said something wrong about him! :wink:
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

JaneEyre wrote:
succeed wrote: ..to the point I actually thought you were the same people ! :shock: :lol:

... but he did not answer my question when I asked him, the dear fellow :wink: ! I have never met him, by the way.
:wink:
There are lots of Long Jumpers in or around Bearwood

Sings..................Me and Mrs, Mrs Jones, Mrs Jones Mrs Jones..........
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

JaneEyre wrote:

No, I am not quasimodo. I do not have several identities on this forum (like some people do :shock: :shock: )... and I have even never changed my identity for 7 or 8 years I have been posting on this forum to which I became addicted! It is a better addiction than cigarettes, isn't it?:D :D

Everything is clear and simple with me! :lol: I am just a little frog who has done a long jump over the Channel 13 years ago. Quasi has no French blood in his veins and I have always wondered why he chose Quasimodo as a nickname... but he did not answer my question when I asked him, the dear fellow :wink: ! I have never met him, by the way.

Conclusion of my experience with his posts:
Quasimodo is an avid reader like I am, and he is also a 'pro GS ' like I am except that he knows what prep school are while I had the experience of a state primary school for my DS.
Now quasi can correct me if I have said something wrong about him! :wink:

Nothing with which I want to disagree.I don't have a hunched back and I chose the nickname as it was the one Disney movie my youngest dd didn't want to watch.I rather enjoyed it.She did eventually watch it and enjoyed it.Pretty random, no logic to it.Hey what's in a name! I can imagine the connotations any name may convey.I wonder how you imagine me to be.............. :?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln