What's better Grammar School or Private School?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaneEyre

Re: What's better Grammar School or Private School?

Post by JaneEyre »

mike1880 wrote:However, some indies are more academic than others and academic expectations will vary accordingly, whereas all grammars are (or should be) expecting great things academically given they select for nothing else.
+1
mike1880 wrote: There's definitely a sense at the indie that academic success is not the sole measure of worth and success, and plenty of encouragement to seek fulfilment across the spectrum of human activity, which I would say was absent from the grammar.
The GS you are thinking about is changing in the right direction as the former head was sadly 'blocking' certain things. Apparently, he didn't want to hear about the DoE because it would have been too popular. Yes, indeed, it is extremely popular and I do not understand what the issue is with that! Also, the day I mentionned to him the idea of introducing a CCF as one of a senior member of staff has been in the army, I have received a straight 'NO' as an answer... I wonder why QM and KES have a CCF. :wink:

I am glad that the DoE has been introduced at this GS; I know it will help my DS to mature... :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now