Telephone calls for KEHS interviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cooljsn

Re: Telephone calls for KEHS interviews

Post by cooljsn »

They said we are doing scholarship interviews.
Those who are called today definitely got a place whether with scholarship or not or bursary or not but they will be offered a place. Letters will come out week after half term
Astro16

Post by Astro16 »

So it's just scholarship interviews that they're doing?
cooljsn

Post by cooljsn »

ToadMum wrote:May I just ask a rather cheeky question? You guys didn't turn a hair at my suggestion that the initial selection may depend on the candidates' raw marks rather than a standardised score (the production of which would of course mean that all papers would have to be marked before any decisions about interviews etc were made). But the threads everywhere on this forum are full of, 'life is so unfair for my little Ermintrude / Coriolanus with their August birthday, of course they're never going to be able to contend with the older kids who have had exactly the same amount of formal schooling because they are naturally so immature'. Do people not worry about this for independent school exams?

(BTW our local GS consortium doesn't standardise by age. Our June-born and October-born both passed, our September-born didn't. June-born had had a term and a half less at school at the time of his exam, compared to his siblings).
IMHO independent schools don't need to do standardisation for the sake of pleasing parents / govt. such activities will only eat up their crucial time. before it opens debate let me clarify that my DC is one of the youngest one in her class so standardisation will only help her :).
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

[quote="cooljsn"]They said we are doing scholarship interviews.
Those who are called today definitely got a place whether with scholarship or not or bursary or not but they will be offered a place. Letters will come out week after half term[/quotes

Sorry it's been a long year! Does that mean that they are just interviewing scholarship? :D
cooljsn

Post by cooljsn »

Casey0507 wrote:
cooljsn wrote:They said we are doing scholarship interviews.
Those who are called today definitely got a place whether with scholarship or not or bursary or not but they will be offered a place. Letters will come out week after half term[/quotes

Sorry it's been a long year! Does that mean that they are just interviewing scholarship? :D
I wish if I had answer to this. I don't know but they are busy next week as well
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

ToadMum wrote:May I just ask a rather cheeky question? You guys didn't turn a hair at my suggestion that the initial selection may depend on the candidates' raw marks.... Do people not worry about this for independent school exams?
Hi it hasn't ruffled me, really because I didn't have any expectations. I figured they would see I was skint and unless DD did something utterly astonishing, then, then it falls back to, are your the sort we want at the school in terms of can you pay with minimum fuss. In a way although it is a different process from the main 11+, in that the people who are going there will be largely self made people, so I have no problem with their well earned privilege. Hopefully plenty of good news going forward and never stop striving

PP
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

cooljsn wrote:IMHO independent schools don't need to do standardisation for the sake of pleasing parents / govt. such activities will only eat up their crucial time. before it opens debate let me clarify that my DC is one of the youngest one in her class so standardisation will only help her :).
Not necessarily true - hypothetically a bunch of e.g. August babies could have a higher average raw score in an exam than their e.g. December counterparts, so an only-just-above-average August could find themselves with a lower standardised score than a December with the same raw score, if you see what.at I mean.

But I do not want to derail your thread, it was just that it struck me that I couldn't remember it coming up as an issue in an 'indie' thread.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

Cooljsn - they are busy interviewing next week you mean? I read what you wrote earlier as if they are only interviewing possible scholarship candidates. I think I might call them on Monday because I'm a little confused x
cooljsn

Post by cooljsn »

Casey0507 wrote:Cooljsn - they are busy interviewing next week you mean? I read what you wrote earlier as if they are only interviewing possible scholarship candidates. I think I might call them on Monday because I'm a little confused x

casey I didn't mean to misguided you. I didn't said they are only interviewing scholarship. The statement from them was to set the scene to us. Neither they said about ap or interviewing every potential candidate nor I asked them.

I took an impression that some interviews next week. I am only sharing the info I know doesn't mean to confuse anyone. I don't think they or any other school will disclose information in detail.

Best source of info are parents who were in our position last year or earlier.
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they were offered ap without interview.

Somewhere in this forum I read that the registrar is new so could be different practice this time.

If something particular is going in your mind then ask here if I know I will answer but otherwise there are experienced parents reading this forum to help us, they will answer.

My feeling is that their answer will be in the lines of some kids are called based on certain criteria.
meldan103

Post by meldan103 »

Does anybody know if KEHS have rang anybody for an AP interview ? Have they just interviewed scholarship places thus far ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now